I am having an issue with converting real audio files. I have successfuly captured a BBC radio 3 show in Real audio format. It plays fine with the Real Player after capture. I would like to convert it to MP3 so that I can import it to my MP3 player. When I try converting the file, I get an MP3 file that is silent. The file goes through the conversion process and takes a few minutes to convert. The finla result is an MP3 file that is of correct size and is recognized by WMP on Vista and it starts playing. However, there is 90 minutes of silence.
Here are the things that I tried with no success:
1. Changed the Direct Show option in the convertor options for Real audio files. Tried it with and without Direct show.
2. Tried converting the file to MP3 at different bit rates
3. Tried converting to other file formats, ie, WMA and iPod audio book.
4. Tried the silent files on multiple computers. It was always silent.
5. Installed the Applian software to capture and convert the file on 2 different brand new Vista machines (one machine runs Vista Home premium, and the other runs Vista ultimate)
None of the above has solved the problem.
Any help is appreciated.