Thread: RMC4: cannot record bbc radio 4 or 7 or any other thing from bbc

Default RMC4: cannot record bbc radio 4 or 7 or any other thing from bbc

Installed Replay Media Catcher 4 a few weeks ago. Already had Replay Media Catcher 3. RMC 4 works great except I cannot record bbc radio 4 or 7 or any other thing from bbc. I 'am trying to resolve this problem with Applian Tech, so far no luck. This is driving me crazy! I have tried everthing they have suggested to no avail. Is there anyone out there that understands this issue and can help me please. TommyP.

Default Re: RMC4

Do you by any chance have Trusteer Rapport installed (security software recommended by HSBC)? If yes, disable it temporarily whilst using RMC. For 3.11 I used to have to do this and open the default browser from the file menu for BBC to work. Actually I have gone back to 3.11 due to:
    (1) 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11.
    (2) the programme name issue in 4.0 is something that needs fixing before making it 'fit for purpose'. 3.11 converts the file name perfectly in to the programme name at the end, 4.0 does not.

Default Re: RMC4: cannot record bbc radio 4 or 7 or any other thing from bbc

Go to Tools -> Settings -> RTMP and set RTMP recording mode (instead of RTMP downloading). This works fine for me.

If you still have problems, please post particular URLs to BBC radio pages.

Try any BBC radio programme - I have tried loads with box checked and unchecked recording always works BUT..... If you leave the box you mention unchecked, it records at the speed of the original programme and does not capture the programme name as the file name but you can come out of the original playing programme and you can record two or more programmes together. If you do check the box it still records at the speed of the programme, it does capture the programme name BUT you can not exit the playing proramme and you can not record anpother programme at the same time. 3.11 does all these things perfectly:
    -It records a 45 minute programme in a few minutes,
    -you can exit the original source,
    -you can record loads of programmes at the same time and
    -it does capture the programme name - thats perfect.

It would be nice to do all this with the nice look and feel of 4.0.

WM Recorder 14.6 is able to Record BBC perfectly. If anybody wants to try it out, we do have a free demo available.

Of course, Replay Media Catcher will be worked on - but this is a good alternative in the meantime.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    WM Recorder 14.6 is able to Record BBC perfectly. If anybody wants to try it out, we do have a free demo available.

Of course, Replay Media Catcher will be worked on - but this is a good alternative in the meantime.

Thanks!
    It does, but does not capture the programme name as the file name as RMC3.11 does.

What is WM Recorder 14.6 it doesn't appear as a product on your site - and why should we have to buy something new to do what RCAT has always done in the past?

RMC 4.0.6 beta works much better with BBC streams
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli...RCATSetup4.exe
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli...Setup4-x64.exe

In my tests BBC radio streams are detected 100% of the time.
    BBC program naming and Super Download are back.

Please test it and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    RMC 4.0.6 beta works much better with BBC streams
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli...RCATSetup4.exe
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli...Setup4-x64.exe

In my tests BBC radio streams are detected 100% of the time.
    BBC program naming and Super Download are back.

Please test it and report back.
    When will it go live? I have only loaded it on an old laptop so far as a precaution as I did not know what it would do to previous official version 4.0?

Quote Originally Posted by myersph View Post
    When will it go live? I have only loaded it on an old laptop so far as a precaution as I did not know what it would do to previous official version 4.0?
    Once we resolve the current issues we'll push out the latest version. I don't have an exact ETA, but we plan on pushing it out asap.

Thanks for hanging in there.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.