Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook video?

Default Facebook video?

I don'ty seem to be able to capture facebook video.
    Is this an issue? I have the full version.
    Thanks
    This is the video I'm trying to capture:

http://www.facebook.com/video/?add=&...oid=2227535198

If anyone could capture it for me I'd be most grateful.
    dartsfan 'at' revisionsuccess.com

Hi Darts,

Thanks for your post, and for posting up the URL without us having to ask for it. :-D

With regards to this issue, I was able to record the song from that video: Dan Hicks And The Hot Licks - That's Where I Am

The video itself, as you presented, is not a video, but just an image with audio attached to it. If you want to record the audio with the still image, I'd recomend Replay Videp Capture.

I hope this helps. :-D
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hi Darts,

Thanks for your post, and for posting up the URL without us having to ask for it. :-D

With regards to this issue, I was able to record the song from that video: Dan Hicks And The Hot Licks - That's Where I Am

The video itself, as you presented, is not a video, but just an image with audio attached to it. If you want to record the audio with the still image, I'd recomend Replay Videp Capture.

I hope this helps. :-D
    Jeff: what DVD player software works for RVC? The new PowerDVD updates
    have now prevent the video screen from being recorded. and,
    I have a high end machine and, powerDVD starts becoming choppy.
    Any plans on more formats for RVC rather the WMV or Mpeg?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    Jeff: what DVD player software works for RVC? The new PowerDVD updates
    have now prevent the video screen from being recorded. and,
    I have a high end machine and, powerDVD starts becoming choppy.
    Any plans on more formats for RVC rather the WMV or Mpeg?
    To answer your question about formats, The videos recorded with Replay Video Capture are able to be converted to just about any format using Replay Converter or other converting software, hence the reason for only those two formats being available when recording.

With regards to what DVD Players work, and some further information as well as to why - Some DVD players including Windows Media Player, PowerDVD and others do not allow access to the portion of the screen where the DVD is played (some but not all Windows XP computers). Disabling hardware acceleration does not work and some of these programs may not even function when this is done. Replay Video Capture will record a black window in this case. The only solution to this problem is to use a DVD Player that does not block the screen. For example, the "AV DVD Player Morpher" which can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.download.com/AV-DVD-Player-Morpher/3000-7970_4-10458046.html?tag=mncol

We tested OK with this DVD player on 3 different computer models - HP, DELL, Compact.

While I can't give you a comprehensive list of what dvd players do and do NOT work, I hope this helps nonetheless.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    To answer your question about formats, The videos recorded with Replay Video Capture are able to be converted to just about any format using Replay Converter or other converting software, hence the reason for only those two formats being available when recording.

With regards to what DVD Players work, and some further information as well as to why - Some DVD players including Windows Media Player, PowerDVD and others do not allow access to the portion of the screen where the DVD is played (some but not all Windows XP computers). Disabling hardware acceleration does not work and some of these programs may not even function when this is done. Replay Video Capture will record a black window in this case. The only solution to this problem is to use a DVD Player that does not block the screen. For example, the "AV DVD Player Morpher" which can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.download.com/AV-DVD-Player-Morpher/3000-7970_4-10458046.html?tag=mncol

We tested OK with this DVD player on 3 different computer models - HP, DELL, Compact.

While I can't give you a comprehensive list of what dvd players do and do NOT work, I hope this helps nonetheless.
    Thank you jeff!
    Btw, Replay Media catcher is not capturing YouTube HD files.
    none of them work. They appear to be streaming codec 4 apple
    mp4 files recorded in HD format.
    Last edited by MatthewC1000; 01-18-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Are you referring to the "watch in high quality" when you say "HD videos"? I tested and was able to capture without trouble. It would be helpful to have a link...thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Are you referring to the "watch in high quality" when you say "HD videos"? I tested and was able to capture without trouble. It would be helpful to have a link...thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Tasha,
    here is a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPCrhqk12E
    The streams when you click on "Watch in HD"
    captures nothing.

Kind Regards.

I tested this video - clicked "watch in HD" and it captured fine. I actually ended up with six of the "HD" files - bummer - but it did get the video without issue.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    I tested this video - clicked "watch in HD" and it captured fine. I actually ended up with six of the "HD" files - bummer - but it did get the video without issue.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    What file extension did you capture Tasha? Is it the .mp4 or .flv because, the high
    quality version captures just fine otherwise, I will further test other PCs
    to see if I can duplicate this...

The HD Version should capture in mp4 not flv.

Kind Regards.

Yes, I got the original .flv file and when i clicked on "watch in HD", I got six .MP4 files.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein