Thread: Problems with live RTMP streams after upgrading RMC4 (Enable Super Download)

Default Problems with live RTMP streams after upgrading RMC4 (Enable Super Download)

To stop the INCESSANT nagging about upgrading RMC4 I finally installed the newest version (against my better judgement) Unfortunately I cannot recall what my old vers was and I cannot find vers info on this latest one.

I record a lot of free chat sites, and it worked flawlessly before. Things still record properly but when I go play the saved .flv the video is very choppy.

Here are the ONLY settings I changed. Under download settings I UNCHECKED prompt to start recording, UNCHECKED hide task bar when minimized and UNCHECKED gather anonymous info. I then CHECKED display file size.

To make matters worse my registered RM3 (I kept it installed for backup) has stopped working. If I start RM3 the window opens then in a few minutes even without recording anything, the program closes.

Any ideas?

Default Re: RMC4 UpGRADE NIGHTMARE!

UPDATE:

At least I got RM3 working again. As for RM4 I think I know the problem. With this new version I see a LOT more resume requests. Could that be interrupting the stream? Has this vers been made more sensitive to stream detection?

Quote Originally Posted by netsez View Post
    I record a lot of free chat sites, and it worked flawlessly before. Things still record properly but when I go play the saved .flv the video is very choppy.
    Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> uncheck "Enable Super Download".

You can also capture RTMP streams from the flash player on your computer instead of downloading:
    Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> check "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)".
    Note that RMC will record the stream in this mode as long as you watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by netsez View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot recall what my old vers was and I cannot find vers info on this latest one.
    Help -> About -> Version

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> uncheck "Enable Super Download".
    Ah, I forgot that was checked! I wonder if it was always checked or if the upgrade changed the setting. Unchecking that fixed it.

You can also capture RTMP streams from the flash player on your computer instead of downloading:
    Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> check "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)".
    Note that RMC will record the stream in this mode as long as you watch it.
    Would that give better results?

in theory, DOWNLOADING vs. RECORDING a stream give exactly the same result. it is just a different (internal) mode to save the original stream to harddisk, a 1:1 copy, lossless. in most cases, both modes could be used, so we prefer DOWNLOAD mode because it is faster. much faster. In some cases, DOWNLOAD mode isnt possible (due to technical reasons), then we MUST use the RECORDING mode. to answer your question:

No, that would not give better results.

Also RMC 4.2.1 beta detects live streams, so it won't use RTMP Super Download for them.