Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to open GZ File

Default Unable to open GZ File

Replay A/V stopped working last week with error:

Unable to open GZ File: C:\Users\xxx\Music\Recordings\yyy\zzz Jan 24_01.cap

The directory exists and contains plenty of other recordings.
    This is a Windows 7 machine.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Unable to open GZ File

That is a temporary file. When you ahve a temp file you need to change the .cap extension to the one it should have and it should work for you. Also, with Windows 7, you want to make sure you are using the latest version of the program. When you do this it will take advantage of all the changes that have recently occurred in technology.

I understand that the .cap file is a temporary file. The problem is that Replay A/V is unable to create the file and therefore, it doesn't record anything.

It's been working fine on Windows 7 for months, so unless something changed in the last week, I don't think my problem is not having the right version of Replay A/V.

Thanks, Brian

Brian:

I have exactly the same problem running Windows Vista. I have been recording two streams for over 5 years now with no issues until Sunday. I now get the following from the log for last night's recording:

Tue Jan 24 9:59:54 PM Filename : C:\Users\Dave\Music\Recordings\In Tune By Ten\In Tune By Ten Jan 24.cap
    Tue Jan 24 9:59:54 PM URL : http://applian.com/user/redirect_sta...610&format=WMP
    Tue Jan 24 9:59:54 PM Starting Job #8088
    Tue Jan 24 9:59:54 PM Status 65429304: Looking up host applian.com...
    Tue Jan 24 9:59:59 PM Unable to open GZ File: C:\Users\Dave\Music\Recordings\In Tune By Ten\In Tune By Ten Jan 24.cap

The recording process stops at this point. I agree with you that the version of Replay A/V should not be the issue. Looking forward to a solution.

My problem started on January 20 hours after an automatic Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.119.236.0). Unfortunately, disabling the Windows Defender service does not fix the problem. I disabled my AntiVirus software, but that didn't help. In case it is a file permission issue, I gave EVERYONE full access to this directory. You'd think it would be a firewall or file security issue but I can't find anything in the event logs to confirm that.

This problem started for me about 10 days ago. There are a couple of other threads on here with people having the same problem. I am 99.9% sure the problem is on Applian's side. I've used this program for years and never change the settings. All of a sudden this started and obviously I am not alone. I've tried everything I can think of to resolve it. I deleted all my stations and reentered them, same problem. I even manually inserted a url of a streaming station, so the url was *definitely* correct. Same problem. My log states the same thing as above. Unable to open GZ file. What is going on here?

Tried using the direct url for the station provided by Applian Tech and, lo and behold, it recorded. I tried using my old url and it failed to record with the gz file message but I could stream the station and hear the broadcast. Tried again with the direct url and it worked fine in both audio streaming and recording. Suggest you try getting the direct url from the station and record the stream. On other threads there are a lot of issues with urls not working due to station changes. I think this is our issue.

We have been updating hundreds of links in the last few days. A major link changed and we have been updating as fast as we can. In many cases people are needing to update or upgrade AV to the latest version also due to these changes.

Hello All,

None of the radio stations / programs I listen to work as of yet.

Can anyone here provide to me an example from the show guide of an updated link that they know to work so that I may see this for myself?

This is getting really frustrating. After using this program for years, basically set it and forget it, it's even more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We have been updating hundreds of links in the last few days. A major link changed and we have been updating as fast as we can. In many cases people are needing to update or upgrade AV to the latest version also due to these changes.

If you have a station that doesn't work please contact tech support with the call letters, your info, your version of AV, etc.