Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Music 3 question

Question Replay Music 3 question

Recently upgraded to Replay Music 3. Now I notice that there is a pending and a converting process that happens after the track finishes and the next title is playing. What are these processes? Previous versions of RPM did not do this.

Hi

This is simply the process where the file is converted to an MP3 file and where the tagging of the music by Gracenote is taking place.

Lightbulb Seeking to understand difference in versions

Are there specific advantages to Replay Music 3? I am considering going back to version 2. In version 2, conversion to MP3 takes a few seconds at most while in version 3 conversion and/or the pending status can take up to a minute or more. If this increase time was producing a higher quality file, that would be one thing. I have not noticed increased quality. Any comments would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Startech View Post
    Are there specific advantages to Replay Music 3? I am considering going back to version 2. In version 2, conversion to MP3 takes a few seconds at most while in version 3 conversion and/or the pending status can take up to a minute or more. If this increase time was producing a higher quality file, that would be one thing. I have not noticed increased quality. Any comments would be appreciated.
    I think it's just for use with Windows Vista, it is more stable.

Have you tried the MP3s at a higher bit rate to increase the quality? Up to 320kbps is available.
    You can change this in the main settings of Replay Music 3.

Matthew

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
    I think it's just for use with Windows Vista, it is more stable.

Have you tried the MP3s at a higher bit rate to increase the quality? Up to 320kbps is available.
    You can change this in the main settings of Replay Music 3.

Matthew
    Matthew is correct. We are using a different technology for recording audio files in Replay Music 3. The technology for recording audio in Replay Music 2, will not work on most Vista systems.

Angry

i noticed the converting and pending notification but for some reason Replay Music will not "stop " recording the last track of a series of tracks being recorded. The result is a 60 megabyte file that cannot be recognized.

Other issues noticed are Music Replay will rendomly split a track into 2 tracks (a good example is the 2nd track off of Simon and Garfunkels Bridge over troubled water.)

I have played with the volume cutoff level but nothing really helps.

i even tried going back to the 2.51 but no sound comes out and nothing records anymore.

i am very frustrated

The developer is working on another update. I will let him know about your issues. If you continue to have a problem let tech support know.

Default Bell on Delete Files

There have been many instances when I wanted to delete a track while recording another. Is there a way to deactivate the warning delete "ding" so it doesn't get captured in the recording?

Hello, i would like to have some informations about RM 3.45.

1]When "audio driver" is checked in the settings ; the audio capture is purely digital ? There's no digital=>analog=>digital convertion ? I guess that "audio driver" is a virtual sound device that captures the audio data before it reaches the speakers : am i right?

So i don't understand the way RM works : when you're recording a 192kb MP3 web radio; why RM decompresses this mp3 into a wav file and then converts it back to Mp3 ? I guess you loose some quality?

2] There's a new feature : the volume slider : i would like to have the confirmation that this is only useful when you choose "wave out mix" or "what you hear" in the settings, that's to say when you choose to make a digital=>analog=>digital convertion .
    But when you choose "audio driver" the audio data is captured digitally as the source so , in this case the volume slider is not needed?

I would like to have the confirmation about that because i chose RM to have a sound quality close to the original without having to getting mad adjusting the volume options in order to avoid low volume or static like with other softwares that record from the sound card.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by maxrenn; 09-13-2008 at 05:19 AM.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The developer is working on another update. I will let him know about your issues. If you continue to have a problem let tech support know.
    There is now a new version of Replay Music, version 3.45. Please upgrade to this version if you are having any problems.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.