Thread: IS IT TABOO FOR SOME REASON TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT VEETLE AND REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER?

Default IS IT TABOO FOR SOME REASON TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT VEETLE AND REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER?

Ok I posted a polite question asking why Replay Media Catcher no longer seems to "Catch" any Veetle streams over a week ago. Hundreds of people viewed the question, yet not one person answered the question. Why is this? Is there something TABOO about asking questions about VEETLE for some reason? Look the program used to work with Veetle. I PURCHASED this program to be used with VEETLE. So what is the BIG DEAL HERE? Do those at Applian realize that people who legitimately purchased their program for capturing certain sites as ORIGINALLY ADVERTISED wish to remain silent because they know that they had falsely advertised their product and have ripped people like myself off? I can sense when something is not right and something smells VERY FISHY here!!!

Default Re: IS IT TABOO FOR SOME REASON TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT VEETLE AND REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER?

Hi Sprocket

I hate to say, but your senses may be a bit off. I do apologize for the lack of response, we are a VERY user oriented forum. Meaning, we like to wait for users to help each other and only jump in as needed. You weren't ignored, but you may have posted during an off-peak time or nobody knew the answer to your question.

Here is your original post:

I purchased Replay Media Catcher (Version 4.3) for the purpose of capturing my favorite streams from sites such as Veetle. I stopped for a while as I moved. Now when I try to capture any stream from Veetle, nothing happens....even if I manually place in the stream address. Has Veetle and other such sites changed and somehow stopped Replay Media Catcher's capability of capturing streams? If so, are there any patches and/or updates? Any suggestions? Strictly using any standard "Screen capture" program not only uses major disk space but it completely negates the features that I purchased this program for such as scheduling and other such nice features. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    With regards to this issue, first of all I am very sorry nobody did respond to your inquiry in a timely matter. As for veetle itself, I tested the URL, and unfortunately it appears that file type is now encrypted. I tried a few different videos on that page and had the same results. I was not able to get a recording using Replay Media Catcher.

For files such as this, you'll want to use Replay Video Capture which is a SCREEN capture program we offer that records what it sees on your screen - regardless of the file type.

I DID test this file myself using RVC and it worked fine.

IF you haven't yet, please check it out here:

http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/

Thank you for your understanding,
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.