Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Default Re: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

hmm... same here. i never had this issue before. right now, xmtuner says "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct." is this what you are getting?

The XMTuner forums are reporting similar issues. Hopefully either the new Applian tool is released soon and/or the stream issue is resolved. Broken recordings are better than no recordings...at least most of the time

Yup.. Exactly the same problem.. also had the earlier mentioned problem of recordings broken into 12-15 or 20 files when it used to be just 4.

just read this on another board from this username...

SXM_Help:
    "Hi Everyone -

We are experiencing some issues with our online feed. We are wondering if this is connected to the issues you were having today. We will keep you posted on any updates we may receive.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team"

I have no idea if this actually is someone from sirius, but i have seen this account help people with online issues. so it could be. if this is true, hopefully we will see a fix soon, because this is not a replay a/v issue or a xmtuner/siriusxmstreamer issue. this is a sirius online streaming issue. and hopefully this isnt a 'sirius changed something' issue, because then we are all screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    just read this on another board from this username...

SXM_Help:
    "Hi Everyone -

We are experiencing some issues with our online feed. We are wondering if this is connected to the issues you were having today. We will keep you posted on any updates we may receive.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team"

I have no idea if this actually is someone from sirius, but i have seen this account help people with online issues. so it could be. if this is true, hopefully we will see a fix soon, because this is not a replay a/v issue or a xmtuner/siriusxmstreamer issue. this is a sirius online streaming issue. and hopefully this isnt a 'sirius changed something' issue, because then we are all screwed.
    This is good info - thank you for sharing
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

well, unfortunately there isn't good news. that quote was posted in a thread about the TTR1. not sure what that is, but i think the issue that SXM_Help is talking about pertains to that only (i could be wrong though). i was reading in another thread for the siriusxmstreamer that it seems that siriusxm finally killed the legacy streams. so unless some new program is made to connect to the new flash streams, it seems that 3rd party streaming will be dead. hopefully the new program that is replacing replay a/v is working with the new streams and not the old ones.

i am holding out hope that things will be fixed by the end of the week, but i am not holding my breath. i'll probably give it 2 weeks before i totally give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    well, unfortunately there isn't good news. that quote was posted in a thread about the TTR1. not sure what that is, but i think the issue that SXM_Help is talking about pertains to that only (i could be wrong though). i was reading in another thread for the siriusxmstreamer that it seems that siriusxm finally killed the legacy streams. so unless some new program is made to connect to the new flash streams, it seems that 3rd party streaming will be dead. hopefully the new program that is replacing replay a/v is working with the new streams and not the old ones.

i am holding out hope that things will be fixed by the end of the week, but i am not holding my breath. i'll probably give it 2 weeks before i totally give up hope.
    It doesn't sound like Replay's successor will work with the new streams. I asked whether the new program would record SiriusXM and the response was that they hope it will - probably streams in US and audio only in Canada. But other posts in this forum indicate that the new threads are encrypted and that it's illegal to sell software that decripts encrypted threads. I gathered from this that the intention was that the new software would employ the lagacy threads, just like XM Tuner. But if Sirius has finally pulled the plug on them, the software could only 'Record from Speakers'. If I'm wrong about this (and I hope I am), someone please correct me.

I am not able to use the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option in Replay AV to record Sirius streams in addition to the inability to use XMTuner. In an Applian post from a couple months ago, it sounds like this was due to a change in the Flash player, but I am not comfortable reverting to an earlier version of Flash just to record Sirius. I am not aware of another tool to record audio from the computer that can be easily scheduled and I would prefer not to mess with other tools, command line switches and the Windows scheduler if there is a replacement tool coming from Applian that will fix the Sirius/XM stream issue. That said, if there is not a solution forthcoming, it would be nice to know so we could start investigating other options.

To this end, it would be great if someone from Applian could give us a little clarity on the following:

• Will Replay Radio 9 will be able to capture the encrypted Sirius/XM Streams?

• Is there an anticipated release date for Replay Radio 9?

• Does Replay Radio 9 fix the Flash "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" issue?

Thanks!

here is the latest...

'Recent Moves by SiriusXM Have Forced Us to Retire Pulsar Effective October 1st, 2012, Pulsar is no longer available for purchase. While it is still available for download for existing users, we have no further planned updates for it. Why This Has Happened Changes SiriusXM has made throughout the past year represent deliberate moves to lock out others. Pulsar has always existed at the mercy of SiriusXM, and their recent actions make it clear that they wish to lock out all third-party players. We enjoyed both making and using Pulsar, and we'll be very disappointed to see it go. It is clear, however, that SiriusXM wants you to do all your listening through their web-based players.'

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/pulsar/

it was fun while it lasted.

Having had Replay AV for years, it seems like we've had this type "looks like this is the end" thread about 100 times. Yet, we have worked around it to a recordable solution every time thus far, so I remain optimistic.
    I'm not sure why SiriusXM is so hardassed about us being able to record what we pay for, but such is reality. We're pretty resourceful and I'm hoping that someone will soon post a solution. And, if any company can figure this out, it's Applian. I will gladly give them my money again to have a program that will record Sirius for me. In the meantime, I will suffer through SiriusXM's dreadful "download" feature on my iPhone.