Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Default Re: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Timmy View Post
    This worked last night. But it's not working this morning. Same problem- multiple files. Is it necessary to use mms? I just changed the port.
    It doesn't have to be mms, you can use http. I was trying mms to see if it made a difference. Apparently it does not.

9/21/2012 9:12AM - From 6am to 9am - fine. At 9am files starting splitting. At 8:48am, then it recorded for 12 secs and split, then 7 min 34 secs and split, then 13 mins 22 secs and split to present. No reason I can see for this and although we are discussing it in Applian, I'm not sure we can blame the app. I have a seperate stream that I record for a specfic channel (also a mms) that works flawlessly. So I find it hard to believe it's Replay A/V that's the problem. I haven't tried the SXM Streamer yet, but will.

As I typed this it split again after 9 mins 51 secs.... I'm stumped so far.

personally i think sirius changed something... by the way, i am basing this on no knowledge of this stuff. i couldnt figure out why there arent more complaining, but i think it has to do with sirius' new player. if you miss your show, now you can listen to it on-demand. plus you can go back and listen up 6 hours back. and lastly, you have the phone app.

for me, unfortunately no of this stuff help me. i cant listen online at my job and i dont want to pay an extra $25+/month ($5 for premium online subscription and $20+ for going up a level or to on my data cap) to listen on my phone. so this is my only good option... which hasnt been so good lately.

I record numerous programs both Sirius/XM and other streams. Not a single non-Sirius/XM streams breaks at all - even ones that are many hours in length. It is only Sirius/XM. If I listen to the same Sirius/XM stream simultaneous to recording it the audio does not have a single 'blip' despite the recording breaking into numerous files.

The things that catches me is that there is usually no gap in recording when a new file is created. If you use the ReplayAV show properties to split a XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer recording there is usually 20-30 seconds of lost content between files. My understanding this is due to the stream being dropped and then reconnected after the split which takes a little time to occur. I would see this drop in the XMTuner logs and there are other forum posts noting this. Due to this I started recording a single large file instead of splitting. Non-Sirius/XM streams usually do not experience this drop and I find that they sometimes even repeat a few seconds in the new file. Since this issue started, the breaks are often a few seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. As this mirrors what I see in a non-Sirius/XM stream I suspect the stream has not dropped, but for some reason ReplayAV is splitting the recording.

The strangest thing is that this started for many of us around the same time without any new version of XMTuner or ReplayAV being released. I know that ReplayAV does 'phone home' for each recording and that has caused a problem in the past when there was a glitch on Applian's end. As Applian gears up for a new tool to replace ReplayAV, maybe an unforeseen glitch has hit the existing tool?

I have never tried capturing the stream with another tool though I have captured playing audio with Audacity and some other tools. Has anyone else recently used a tool other than ReplayAV to capture an XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer stream? If so, do you experience the same issue as with ReplayAV?

i do want to say that i did try listening to xmtuner and siriusxmstreamer while recording and i did notice drop outs. i did this back when the problem first started. things may have changed.

[QUOTE=TheCarsForever;30876

I have never tried capturing the stream with another tool though I have captured playing audio with Audacity and some other tools. Has anyone else recently used a tool other than ReplayAV to capture an XMTuner or SiriusXM Streamer stream? If so, do you experience the same issue as with ReplayAV?[/QUOTE]

I tried recording howard100 through my SiriusXMStreamer using VLCMedia player. Post is here. It started recording for a few minutes than quit. I took that to mean it hit the same glitch that ReplayAV has been hitting, but hard to say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jlatenight View Post
    I tried recording howard100 through my SiriusXMStreamer using VLCMedia player. Post is here. It started recording for a few minutes than quit. I took that to mean it hit the same glitch that ReplayAV has been hitting, but hard to say for sure.
    Maybe there is a new split-signal in the stream, maybe the stream is changed for OnDemand and ReplayAV is getting a signal that tells it to split. Can Applian test this?
    Last edited by codgus; 09-24-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quick update::: Today, it recorded perfectly. 5 hours, split every 60 mins, no errors.

same here, 2 shows 5 hours each worked fine today.

i'll make that 3... 2 shows recorded perfectly, 1 in the am (100) and the other in the afternoon (104). could this all be fixed? i sure hope so. but i am hesitant to jump for joy yet. a couple of weeks ago, i recorded my am show perfectly, only to have it break up in the afternoon. hopefully this is not the case now.

EDIT: Just noticed on another site someone also stated that it worked for them today too.

wow----- one 5 hour, one 3 hour, and one one hour recording today, with no splitting ! I wonder what changed ?