Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Default Re: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Not only do Ihave problems recording Sirius , but I cannot get consistent recordings from AM radio streams. I have the same problem others have , getting 50 pieces of a show.
    However, all my manual line-in recordings are perfect , though. We suspect that the problem is not with Replay A/V , but with a weak provider signal from Comcast. Comcast , over the phone ,told us our internet signal was weak and had us reset our modem.
    The sirius recordings were perfect for only a day.
    My next step is to have Comcast come to my house and replace the modem.

The asx solution people have been talking about in this thread isn't working for me. It works for a little while and then drops out. I wind up with a bunch of segments. I'm already up to twenty-two of them this morning.

One other thing I noticed is that in previous weeks, one channel would work while the other one wouldn't. So in addtion to recording 100 from 6-11, I took to recording 101 from 9-2. That worked all last week. Now the two channels drop out simultaneously.

68 separate files today for the Stern show....this is getting really annoying.
    So are we all convinced the issue is something Sirius changed on their end? I've been monitoring my connectivity to my ISP and I haven't found any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jlatenight View Post
    So are we all convinced the issue is something Sirius changed on their end? I've been monitoring my connectivity to my ISP and I haven't found any issues.
    I have setup the same recording schedule on three computers each running the same version of ReplayAV and XMTuner but each using different ISPs with very similar results. I record a 4 hour show weekdays and it breaks up to between 50 and 98 files where it was a single file about 4-6 weeks ago. The break timing is not identical between systems, but very similar. Two of the Internet connections are ones I can virtually guarantee no one else in this forum uses so unless the issue is upstream from these ISPs, it is unlikely the Internet connection is the issue. One connection is about 50MB down/18MB up so connection speed is not likely a factor either.

Basically it looks to either be ReplayAV or Sirius that have the problem, but I don't know how to figure out which one. That said, if I use the same URL to play the stream in a media player there are no breaks - I only see an issue when recording streams in ReplayAV. In the past if I had ReplayAV break a Sirius recording into segments I would lose about 20-30 seconds of the programming (my understanding this is due to the connection being dropped and reconnected). With this current issue, I often have breaks that are only a couple seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. My impression is that this means that neither XMTuner nor the Internet connection are dropping but instead something in ReplayAV is triggering a drop. It is possible the ReplayAV is 'sensing' something that causes a break, but I have no idea what that would be.

It would be really interesting to hear if anyone has tried another tool to record the HTTP stream and whether they have the problem. I haven't looked for another tool...yet...so I cannot say if that would help. Much longer with this issue though and I will likely need to give an other recording tool a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jlatenight View Post
    I have setup the same recording schedule on three computers each running the same version of ReplayAV and XMTuner but each using different ISPs with very similar results. I record a 4 hour show weekdays and it breaks up to between 50 and 98 files where it was a single file about 4-6 weeks ago. The break timing is not identical between systems, but very similar. Two of the Internet connections are ones I can virtually guarantee no one else in this forum uses so unless the issue is upstream from these ISPs, it is unlikely the Internet connection is the issue. One connection is about 50MB down/18MB up so connection speed is not likely a factor either.

Basically it looks to either be ReplayAV or Sirius that have the problem, but I don't know how to figure out which one. That said, if I use the same URL to play the stream in a media player there are no breaks - I only see an issue when recording streams in ReplayAV. In the past if I had ReplayAV break a Sirius recording into segments I would lose about 20-30 seconds of the programming (my understanding this is due to the connection being dropped and reconnected). With this current issue, I often have breaks that are only a couple seconds and sometimes the next file repeats a couple seconds of the previous file instead of losing anything. My impression is that this means that neither XMTuner nor the Internet connection are dropping but instead something in ReplayAV is triggering a drop. It is possible the ReplayAV is 'sensing' something that causes a break, but I have no idea what that would be.

It would be really interesting to hear if anyone has tried another tool to record the HTTP stream and whether they have the problem. I haven't looked for another tool...yet...so I cannot say if that would help. Much longer with this issue though and I will likely need to give an other recording tool a shot.

I use the SiriusXM Streamer instead of the XmTuner. I'm not having splitting or pausing at all on the links I'm recording.

The biggest difference in `XM Tuner` and `SXM Streamer` is that `XM Tuner` listens on Port `19081` and `SXM Streamer` listens on port `51710`.

I to was getting the multiple .ASF files on something as small as a 1 hour show. I like `XM Tuner` because I know it works and is dependable for start up and the Service Control Server is lite and dependable. So as an experiment I am using port `51710` in my `XM Tuner` ver 0.6.4 (Just updated). So far 15 min without interruption. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how I make out.

25 minutes as of the end of this post 2012-09-20..... Be Back Soon.

9/20/2012 11:16PM - Recorded 1 hour successfully.

9/20/2012 11:18PM - Started now - Set to record 11:18 PM to 3:00 AM - Splitting 60 min
    Using XM Tuner URL: mms://localhost:51710/streams/206/high

9/21/2012 9:12AM - From 6am to 9am - fine. At 9am files starting splitting at about 8:48am, then it rec orded for 12 secs and split, then 7min 34secs and split, then 13 mins 22 secs and split to present. No reason I can see for this and although we are discussing it in Applian, I'm not sure we can blame the app. I have a seperate stream that I record for a specfic channel (also an mms) that works flawlessly. So I find it hard to believe it's Replay A/V that's the problem. I haven't tried the SXM Streamer yet, but will.
    Last edited by codgus; 09-21-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I use the SiriusXM Streamer instead of the XmTuner. I'm not having splitting or pausing at all on the links I'm recording.
    Someone else in this thread experienced the same problems with the streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by codgus View Post
    The biggest difference in `XM Tuner` and `SXM Streamer` is that `XM Tuner` listens on Port `19081` and `SXM Streamer` listens on port `51710`.

I to was getting the multiple .ASF files on something as small as a 1 hour show. I like `XM Tuner` because I know it works and is dependable for start up and the Service Control Server is lite and dependable. So as an experiment I am using port `51710` in my `XM Tuner` ver 0.6.4 (Just updated). So far 15 min without interruption. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how I make out.

25 minutes as of the end of this post 2012-09-20..... Be Back Soon.

9/20/2012 11:16PM - Recorded 1 hour successfully.

9/20/2012 11:18PM - Started now - Set to record 11:18 PM to 3:00 AM - Splitting 60 min
    Using XM Tuner URL: mms://localhost:51710/streams/206/high
    This worked last night. But it's not working this morning. Same problem- multiple files. Is it necessary to use mms? I just changed the port.