Thread: Why Won't Replay AV8 work?

Default Why Won't Replay AV8 work?

I've used AV8 for some time (and it's predecessors.) I've had occasional problems whereby the recorder didn't seem to work, but by restarting it, or whatever, I have always got it to work. NOW, however, I seem to have hit a wall. I've tried everything; I've searched this forum; I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I get sound through my sound card, no problem, but when I run an AV8 test, I'm told "No sound was detected on any available audio recording method for this sound card. Please update your sound card driver". I tried updating the driver, but I have the latest version.

I've pretty much given in on ever being able to record 'live' radio (which is all I do with this software, albeit 'live' includes BBC iplayer stuff) because I'm so frustrated with changing settings, etc, etc, but to no avail. I've spent hours and hours on this. Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks in anticipation - sorry if it seems like a bit of a rant; it's not meant that way!

Default Re: Why Won't Replay AV8 work?

I also experienced that problem when trying to record from a Clear Channel radio station (which does not allow stream capture). I was playing the station's Listen Live via my browser (Firefox) and having Replay A/V record the audio via the sound card. A few weeks ago it stopped working. Since then I got the station's stream to play through Winamp, and Replay will record that with no problem via the sound card. Google your station's call letters and include "pls" and "m3u" to find the stream that will work with Winamp. Example- put this in the Google search box: wtvn pls [OR] wtvn m3u , substituting your station's call letters.

I use an ancient scheduler program called LaunchPad to start and stop Winamp at the appropriate times, and Replay A/V is scheduled accordingly. ( Also, I was able to get Replay A/V to stream-capture the WTVN URL I use with Winamp, but that produces an AAC or MP4 file, (not sure which), which I then convert with Replay Converter to MP3. I only use that as a backup.) Normally the station has podcasts for what I'm trying to get, but sometimes they are not always reliable in posting the podcasts, so I use this Replay A/V recording kludge as a backup.

I just tried Googling "BBC radio pls [OR] BBC radio m3u" and got several results, but I did not pursue them. You can check that out if you like.

PeterC

Many thanks for that. Unfortunately, I'm not (usually) recording 'live'. Like you I use podcasts wherever possible, but not all programmes are podcasted. BBC Radio 4 has a 'listen again' facility, usually for a couple of weeks after each programme is transmitted. It's these that I want to record, but which I am now unable to. It's bloody annoying, given that it used to work a treat in the past!

(If anyone else is picking up on this and can help, I'm using Windows 7, should it make any difference, with a pretty bog standard SoundBlaster sound card - but nothing in my PC set up has been changed.) I'm desperate to get this sorted, or AV8 might as well go in the bin.

Cheers

There have been some flash updates that are causing this issue for some people. Some people have luck if they go to an older version of flash. Others find doing a system restore to a point where it did work helps. Others are having success by going to AV and under File-Settings-Tune-having tune with Replay Tuner checked. You would need to make sure you are setting up the URL from within our program for this to work and it doesn't for all people. We stopped selling this program in Feb. due to changes in technology such as this. It works great for stream capture. We are coming out with a new program in a few weeks that will address these issues.

Replay AV Enhanced Sound Card Driver?

i have a similar problem. I can hear the sounds on speaker, but get a flatline and nothing on the recording. This is in Quick Record Audio as well as scheduled recordings or internet radio. Replay AV 8.83 was working fine and then suddenly I can't record. When I click on Recording tab and click Test Methods, it says 'no sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method'. Has anyone tried the old enhanced sound card driver?

Unhappy Re: Why Won't Replay AV8 work?

Replay AV Enhanced Sound Card Driver?

i have a similar problem. I can hear the sounds on speaker, but get a flatline and nothing on the recording. This is in Quick Record Audio as well as scheduled recordings or internet radio. Replay AV 8.83 was working fine and then suddenly I can't record. When I click on Recording tab and click Test Methods, it says 'no sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method'. Has anyone tried the old enhanced sound card driver?

Thie enhanced sound driver does not work with Vista or Windows 7. Also, it is meant for an older version of AV. Thanks.