Thread: Freecorder 6

Post Freecorder 6

Dear Applian,

I have a question for you. Is it typical during installation for other software to be included despite opting out of all other bloatware you wish to include with Freecorder 6? The reason I ask is because for some strange reason, some program called FunMoods was included. This FunMoods changed my default search and also changed my home page which I subsequently changed back, only to find that after a restart it had gone back to the home page which FunMoods covertly suggested. I have since removed the FunMoods toolbar and software form my computer only to find that, mysteriously, the Freecorder bar no longer works. I would like to know if this is an isolated case or is it the way that the program is now designed to work?

Thanks for your time

i++

Default Re: Freecorder 6

It did the same to me,even though i declined the installation of other software it went ahead and installed anyway,this resulted in a changed home page and search engine,and i also found that
    no matter how many times it was restored it had always changed back the next time FF was opened ,although this was annoying enough i then had to remove FF and reinstall as using all the
    recommended uninstall methods for the Funmoods tool bar it wouldn't uninstall completely and upon restarting FF it would be back again

I find this very dubious as being given the option to decline the installation of further bloatware should mean it was declined and not covertly installed anyway ,this combined with the insidious
    way in which Funmoods wont allow the hompage etc to be changed to the users preference makes this ,for me at least a highly suspect piece of software

i fully understand that freeware has to be financed at some point and that may mean the inclusion of other items within the software package but i feel that this should be made clear and when
    an option to decline the installation is given then it should do just that and allow just the intended software to be installed or halt the installation and make it clear that it cannot continue without accepting the whole package ,not to go ahead and install it anyway.

It seems Funmoods is well known to the anti spyware industry ,this is a quote from just one anti spyware vendor

arrow FunMoods Toolbar is a parasitic Browser Hijacker
    FunMoods Toolbar may show numerous annoying advertisements
    FunMoods Toolbar logs your internet browsing history
    FunMoods Toolbar will replace (hijack) your browser homepage
    FunMoods Toolbar may spread additional spyware
    FunMoods Toolbar violates your privacy and compromises your security
    No piece of " Free " software is worth the risk to privacy that these hijackers pose ,i look forward to Applians comments on this issue.

I would much rather pay for Freecorder than deal with the Funbar.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    It seems Funmoods is well known to the anti spyware industry ,this is a quote from just one anti spyware vendor

No piece of " Free " software is worth the risk to privacy that these hijackers pose ,i look forward to Applians comments on this issue.
    Scoobydoo, they have no intention to responding other than tell you it's not true, they don't install spyware, malware or trojans. They will also tell you all you have to do is uncheck the box. Hog Wash. I've got an old computer with Freecorder, no malware, that still works flawlessly. Now all I have to do is capture it to install on my new computer. If I can get this done I should offer it here. LOL

After you uncheck the box do select decline on that page also and you should not have that issue. Thanks.