Thread: Importing Existing FLV Files already on Disk?

Default RMC Questions

Hello All... I just recently purchased the Replay Capture Media Suite v4.4.3 and am so far happy with it. As advertised, it's easy to use to capture online video streams.

I note that the main menu list only contains those files processed/captured/downloaded by RCM. It does not reflect what's actually in the storage folder as seen by a regular file manager. By that I mean that you can't just copy an existing file into the Storage Folder and have RCM see it for processing.

I have some existing FLV files (andother types) that I would like to import into RCM so that I can convert/resize them. Is there a way to import an existing FLV file already on disk into RCM? I looked at the User Guide and didn't see anything. I hope there is some work-aroujd to accomplish my goal.

Any help/input would be appreciated.

As mentioned in my previous thread, I have recently purchased Replay Capture Media Suite v4.4.3. I have a couple of questions regarding converting:

1. After capturing an online FLV video, I sometimes want to prune out only the sections that I want. Is there a way to do that directly from FLV to FLV? I have been unsuccessful at trying to clone the FLV conversion. Or rather, I can clone it (calling it AAAAA), but at the completion, both the source and the target are not there. I assume that this is because the input and output filenames are the same in the Storage Folder.

This also relates back to my other thread about importing existing files into RCM Suite. If I could move the captured video into another folder, then edit it and store it in the STorage Folder, that might work. For now, though, I can't do FLV to FLV.

The work-around that I have discovered is to convert the FLV to MOV. In that case, I can clone the MOV setting into AAAAA with an altered Start Time offset. That works and produces the desired MOV file. I can then Rename it and if necessary, convert it back to FLV.

2. My second question regards Stop Time. As menionted above, when convertting from FLV to MOV via creating a new conversion setting, I can alter the start time. Is there a way to also alter the stop time. For instance, I may want to start the conversion at 00:05:00 and stop at 00:07:00. Is there a way to do that? Or can I only alter the start time?

Any input and help would be appreciated. Thanx!

EDIT: Disregard this post/question. I didn't have the full Suite package installed. Now that I do, all my problems are solved.
    Last edited by ckag; 07-17-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: 2 threads for similar/related issues