Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you capture DIRECTV2PC with Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture?

Default Re: Can you capture DIRECTV2PC with Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture?

Quote Originally Posted by clbrown View Post
    I use a program called Fraps. It works great, and I am able to load the files into a DVD authoring program and burn it to a DVD.

The program does not compress the video (at all) so you will need quite a bit of hard disk space. A typical 1 hour show uses about 43 GB of storage. The video quality is awesome, though, and the DVD authoring program compresses it all to fit.
    Which version of Fraps did you use. I used 3.0.0 and was able to capture everything on the screen except the actual TV show.

Default Re: Can you capture DIRECTV2PC with Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture?

It's almost impossible. Content protection is done at the OS kernel level. As for video output, they do something to the analog signal from your video card to keep it from being captured from there.

I'm trying to capture DIRECTV2PC video using your video capture program and I'm having no luck. Is capturing the audio but not anything else.
    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks