Thread: So I have to buy a new product again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Angry So I have to buy a new product again!

"Your registration code is not valid for this version. You will need to upgrade."

It has truly been a roller coaster ride with these Applian apps. I bought the suite $79 last year (May 2nd 2011). OK.

Found that HALF of the times I wasn't able to do what I needed to do. Half of the time the program did not work, did not recorded stream/music... etc.

I paid $4 not too long ago to update Media Splitter which of course it's junk. Does not remove first few seconds of video from the beginning of a clip. I am FED UP with Applian!

One year of evaluation IS ENOUGH to know the programs do not work half of the times like you expect them to! And these forums are here because we are BETA testers to this crummy software. And we are not paid, instead we HAVE TO PAY.

Replay Media Catcher kept naming files wrong, would duplicate files too often, and sometimes it would not download AT ALL. Sometimes I had to sort to the Real Player download browser plugin to get videos I wanted.

AND to top it off, no video editor in the pack. You can not adjust brightness, contrast, audio level, nothing.

Now, I am expected to pay more?? NO I don't think so, I am done with Applian. I rather get a new program that will help me get my work done without the need of constant updates and troubleshooting (which sometimes do not help).

Default Re: So I have to buy a new product again!

I am sorry you are having an issue. Technology changes constantly and we work hard to keep it up. That is why there are so many free updates to our programs. Since Media Splitter came out we have had one paid upgrade and you are not required to do so. Our first paid upgrade for Replay Music just occurred after seven years of updates and technology changes. If you have an issue do contact tech support and we do our best to assist you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sorry I am definitely not buying a newer version of that particular program. I rather install the older version and launch it without director pestering me about getting a new version. I sent my last issue to the team in a support ticket. Can't download videos from Replay Media Catcher, this happens every so often.

I am at this moment unsure what you're implying about seven years... does that mean that if I pay the upgrade now I wont have to worry about a next upgrade for a few more years? (not seven but at least 2)! It just has been a very bitter gulp, I feel like for the amount of money I spent I have not done enough of what I expected to achieve. A good number of times I tried to do something in one or the other, I was halted by some issue.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort of the developers but I feel the suite was a bit overpriced, judging by the bugs it still has. Anyway thank you for helping I know nothing is perfect in life.

It is amazing how different people´s experiences are! I just love Applian and Replay Media Catcher and Capture in particular. I´d be lost without them. There have been some glitches but on the whole it works fine for me. More often than not, with the Replay Media Catcher I have found that "fault" would lie with the particular sites from which I wished to download. DRM, file types, etc.