Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder 5 does not record any video from any website.

Default Freecorder 5 does not record any video from any website.

Hi all,
    As the title says, my freecorder 5 does not record any video from any website(using the Video History Tool). I'm currently using firefox 13.0 and my system is Windows 7.
    What I've tried so far:
    Re-installing freecorder 5
    Restarting my computer
    Deleting the history and cache

Today it worked just fine but eventually I had to update my computer (some Nvidia graphics card update) and right after the update I restarted my computer and it stopped recording any videos all of the sudden. Everytime I go to a link with videos, such as youtube (which usually works), the video history tool will say: There are currently no videos to display. I've tried it with other websites other than youtube as well, no luck.

Default Re: Freecorder 5 does not record any video from any website.

I am having the same problem!! Its soo frustrating!!
    This used to be my go-to for video capture and i've referred soo many friends to use it but now it just doesn't work for me on most sites and I just don't know why.

I first noticed it with youtube a few months back, so I installed the latest version of freerecorder but it seems doing so made everything worse. Now it only records from a few select sites and definitely alot less from youtube pages.

For ex:
    this records: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmIZdft1PNw
    but not this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpR_...eature=related

I thought perhaps it was because I updated the software but judging from the another response that someone posted, I think youtube may have indeed altered certain features on their site, which in turn affected freecorder....but what does that have to do with the other sites?????

I'm using win Vista; firefox13.0.1 and the latest version of freecorder.

Please help!!

Well, with regards to sites OTHER than youtube - Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

As for the YOUTUBE sites, YouTube appears to have changed their protocol for video downloads, or is at least experimenting with it. This has the effect of disabling Freecorder and other free solutions.

The best way to continue to be able to download videos is to use a product like Replay Media Catcher. You can try it for free here:
    http://applian.com/download-videos

Let me know what you think - it's one of our most popular programs - I think you'll rather enjoy it. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I had the same problem as the rest of you. Freecorder 5 had been working fine, and then all of a sudden nothing showing up in history on any sites. The only changes that I'd made were upgrading to Firefox 13.0.1, and upgrading to the latest version of Flash Player, 11.3. I worked on this problem for two nights, and eventually disabled the new "protected mode" in Flash 11.3. That has fixed the problem as far as Freecorder 5 goes; everything is working fine again. If you also have FF 13.0.1 and Flash 11.3, this is probably the problem for you also. If you are still using an older version of Flash, then it isn't as older versions don't have the protected mode. It was not easy to disable the protected mode in Flash 11.3. Here is a link to help you on your way, but be careful as you'll be modifying system files. I wasn't having the freezes and crashes mentioned in the article, but was suspicious that the protected mode was the source of the problem, so gave it a go and was successful. Incidentally, I have only been able to capture Youtube videos on the 240 setting for some time now. Click on the little gear in the Youtube player and select 240. Hope this helps some of you!

John

I am having the same issue with Firefox 13.01 and IE9.. I have updated Flash to 11.3.300.262. My OS is Vista..A few days ago Freecorder 5 suddenly disappeared from both browsers and I had to uninstall and reinstall to get them back the other issue is the Applian Audio Driver has quit working as well.

Richard

I've have been experiencing the same issues with freecorder not recording audio or video from any site. I think it may have something to do with the recent adobe flash player update. Everything worked fine until the last update then nothing. After a quick restore of my computer freecorder works fine again for now. I will put off the adobe update and see if that is what caused the problem. Until then any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well I take that back. I did not do the java update or the adobe update I was alerted to do after restoring my computer. However I did allow the windows updates to perform and afterwards freecorder has stopped working again. Can This be fixed? Does freecorder need to do an update? After working on this for two days I'm to tired to try anymore. If anyone comes up with a fix please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Guys

This looks like an issue with the latest firefox and flash update - try IE for the time being while we work on this, or there is always Replay Media Catcher as well

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by IV197 View Post
    Hi all,
    As the title says, my freecorder 5 does not record any video from any website(using the Video History Tool). I'm currently using firefox 13.0 and my system is Windows 7.
    What I've tried so far:
    Re-installing freecorder 5
    Restarting my computer
    Deleting the history and cache

Today it worked just fine but eventually I had to update my computer (some Nvidia graphics card update) and right after the update I restarted my computer and it stopped recording any videos all of the sudden. Everytime I go to a link with videos, such as youtube (which usually works), the video history tool will say: There are currently no videos to display. I've tried it with other websites other than youtube as well, no luck.
    Actually, I see below where Jeff Linney, the Applian expert, has already noted that the reason is because of the Firefox update to 13.0 and also a Flash update; I went through every permutation, including installing Firefox 11 but nothing worked, howver I did not know about the problem with the Flash update (not sure what or which Flash is being referred to...Adobe flash player?).

Now the problem is that I cannot seem to find a way to install the video recording toolbar on/in IE, which I do not normally use, but will have to use in the interim. Can anybody tell me how to do that? I am completely unfamiliar with IE because I don't use it, don't like it. Thanks very much!

I've been having the same problems. I tried reinstalling Freecorder 5. I tried to disable the protected mode in Flash, but I was denied access. And I'm suspicious that the solution most frequently offered by Applian is their paid software. I'm on a limited budget and rely on the free stuff as much as possible.