Thread: Naming format problem with each new version

Default Naming format problem with each new version

Each time a new version comes out, the autorenaming gets all kinds of problems because it starts over and creates duplicates, may i suggest the following change.

In the File Naming Rules, you have Duplicate Naming Rule which allows the combo box of the different types of renaming.

You currently have name (0) etc.. I would like to choose "Name - RECORDING DATE/TIME" as a choice. This would insure there wont be duplicates..

My issue is when i capture something it gets saved to a folder specific to what im capturing. The My streaming folder gets cleaned. Now when i download the same again, it doesnt think it's a dupe until i move it to the folder where then windows says it's a duplicate and i choose to move with new name, but it's creates a problem that can be resolved by saving filename with the Name and date/time.

Please let me know if this is possible as most of the other issues have been resolved with the most recent version except for this issue.

Thanks

Default Re: Naming format problem with each new version

No responses>?

I'll pass your suggestion onto our programmer, thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Flipper - No sure what you mean by "starts over" as the file naming rule is applied if a file with that name exists in the current storage folder. The storage folder will get migrated between versions as long as the user is not selecting to delete their history and settings during the install/uninstall process.

Version 4 does not support naming with date time. However Version 5 will when that comes out. 5 also has built in folder support.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

what is the naming settings to get the recorded file to be named as what ever the recorded file is named per the source. rmc was doing that then something changed and it just names the file (media file - 13 ) for example. please help, thanks