Thread: Mixes of tracks are tagged the same and therefore are recorded over.

Lightbulb Mixes of tracks are tagged the same and therefore are recorded over.

Hi Cheryl or Jeff,
    Hope all is well with you both. I was recording a single today which has mixes of the same track. The database doesn't always pick up the extra information about the mix, therefore it gives it the same name, hence the previously recorded tracks are deleted beacuse they have this same name tagging. Will the next update of Replay Music Version 5.05 solve this issue? I have seen previous posts asking about this, maybe adding a track number or something or a way of identifying it as a different track? Only way to solve this at the moment is to not use the tag feature and manually input the track names afterwards, copy and paste the names across from Spotify even.
    I am paying for Spotify now (Unlimited) so no more probs with adverts and I must say RM works a treat now!!
    Looking forward to some neat updates in the next update of 5.05.
    Ability to copy and paste with a mouse to manually edit the track names.
    A button to call up transfer to itunes instead of having to start up recording then off agin to call transfer to itunes up.
    Thanks for all of your hard work.
    Scubasa1

Default Re: Mixes of tracks are tagged the same and therefore are recorded over.

Thanks. I will pass this on to the developer to look at.

Default Re: Mixes of tracks are tagged the same and therefore are recorded over.

Another member had mentioned this see below

05-01-2012 08:10 AM#1

titania

Stop Replay Music overwriting tracks with the same name

I find that when I record an album that has a track followed by the same track with something like "- Live" added to the title, that second track overwrites the first. This means I have to rename the MP3 file, then record the first version again.

I have Replay Music set to write the track title as the filename, by the way.

Is it possible change the settings so that subsequent tracks always get recorded?
    Last edited by Scubasa1; 06-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Hmmm, I don't work the Replay Music queue myself - but I will be sure the programmer see's this

Thanks for the update
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I agree.
    It just happened to me (AGAIN).
    It does it a lot where there are alternate mixes, but it picks up the same name and then overwrites.

Which is *** annoying to say the least.
    It has done this as far as I am aware since version 3 and still not fixed.

Since I just paid to upgrade to version 5 and it is worse than the earlier versions, or at least no better, (track editing again)!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not exactly impressed.

And what about a sizable window?

So much that could be done!