Thread: installation issue with clearreplaymusicsetting.exe/Comodo

Default installation issue with clearreplaymusicsetting.exe/Comodo

I just purchased the RP suite and during the new installation of RP Music 5, Comodo flags clearreplaymusicsetting.exe with a virus and quarantines it. I tried to check it with other AV s/w but can't. After I release it from quarantine, the system (win 7) won't allow me to move or copy it (permissions/ownership). I've tried everything (altering permissions, etc), but nothing works. Basically, I want to copy it to another location for scanning by other AV s/w but cannot. The only thing I can do is delete it. I'm not going run this s/w until I get to the bottom of this. (I just now downloaded the suite after purchasing it)

Does anybody out there that might have an idea on what's going on?? I don't want to exercise a refund of my money...

Default Re: installation issue with clearreplaymusicsetting.exe/Comodo

I was able to isolate it: 3 AV's identify it as malware. CLam AV as "PUA.Packed.PECompact-1", VirusBuster as "Packed/PECompact", and Comodo as "Packed.Win32.MPEC.Gen@161940656". Many other AV's apps report nothing (such as BitDefender, AVG, etc), so I'm thinking this is probably a false positive.

If I don't see a credible response here, I will submit this info to support for an explanation. It makes me uncomfortable....

Default Re: installation issue with clearreplaymusicsetting.exe/Comodo

This is what is known as a false positive.