Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording

Default Recording

Hi all. New member.

I have downloaded Freecorder, and have had a few teething problems, which I have managed to get over.

However, today, I cannot record. The message 'recording' appears, but with no zig zag sound waves. I have checked, and nothing is recorded. It has done this before, but I have no idea how it cleared.

I have tried reinstalling, but it still won't work, nor does rebooting. (I also note when I uninstall, the Feecorder browse does not disappear.

Any help would be appreciated. Words of one syllable please.

Cheers

Gort

Quote Originally Posted by Gort View Post
    Hi all. New member.

I have downloaded Freecorder, and have had a few teething problems, which I have managed to get over.

However, today, I cannot record. The message 'recording' appears, but with no zig zag sound waves. I have checked, and nothing is recorded. It has done this before, but I have no idea how it cleared.

I have tried reinstalling, but it still won't work, nor does rebooting. (I also note when I uninstall, the Feecorder browse does not disappear.

Any help would be appreciated. Words of one syllable please.

Cheers

Gort

OP here again.

I have found that by ticking all the audio configuration boxes in the settings, it will kick start the recording into correct mode. It only lasts until my next session of recording. Not a very good solution when you want to record at a seconds notice.

Gort

My soloution was similar to yours Gort. I went into settings, unticked the top box, (lbottom 2 boxes left unticked), closed the setting box, reopened it and ticked the top box again, finally closed the settings box and all was well. This seems to work so far, just a question of kick starting the system, a minor inconvenience, but hey, what do you expect for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    My soloution was similar to yours Gort. I went into settings, unticked the top box, (lbottom 2 boxes left unticked), closed the setting box, reopened it and ticked the top box again, finally closed the settings box and all was well. This seems to work so far, just a question of kick starting the system, a minor inconvenience, but hey, what do you expect for nothing?
    Very, very true. Trouble is I now can't get it to kick in at all.

Are there any other audio recording downloads?

Still unable to record properly. Why won't Applian reply to my query. I treckon they want to force you into upgrading from the freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gort View Post
    Still unable to record properly. Why won't Applian reply to my query. I treckon they want to force you into upgrading from the freebie.
    While we keep on top of the forums as often as possible, if you expect a timely response from an Applian Team Member please open a ticket through our support system. Can you tell me what Operating System you have and which browser you are using? Also is there a specific URL that you are trying to record from? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Tasha.

Good to hear from you. I did fill out a ticket about a week ago, and another a few minutes ago. I must say I was uncertain as to which download I should go to in search of Q&A

I am on Windows XP, and tend to want to record from BBC 1 and 6.
    My browser is Firefox because Internet Explorer is S***, and a third of the speed. Could this be the problem?????

To date I have little success other than the first day I set the freecoder up. Just occasionally it will work.

I have tried to remove and reinstall. This also presents a problem, as the Freecoder browse always remains at the head of my screen, even when removed from my list of programmes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Barry

Hi Barry,

Do you have a ticket number? I don't remember receiving any tickets for this, so I would like to look into it.
    Anyway - There are few settings that you should need to change to get the toolbar to work. It is completely compatible with Firefox -my browser of choice as well Open settings on the toolbar and click "defaults" in the lower left corner. ALWAYS click record before playing the media that you want to record. A goofy suggestion, but one that will often work, click record then close your browser - Freecorder will remain open - then reopen your browser and go to the site you want to record from. Unfortunately the toolbar will not work well on every system. Hopefully these suggestions will work for you.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hi Tasha.

Just went to try out your suggestion, only to find the recorder is now working again!!

Sorry have no idea of my tickets.

PS: I as only joking about the freebie snide!!(LOL)

Regards

Barry

No worries Glad it's up and running again!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein