Thread: 4.3.2.0 Stream Naming Problem

Default 4.3.2.0 Stream Naming Problem

Guys, on the latest version of RMC there is a bug on the stream naming.
    If I catch a stream, the first time it captures the stream the name is OK, if the stream stops and I use "Reprocess" the name of the file will be the last thing that I had open using flash, for example, if I was caputuring a stream from bbc, the name would be bbc.....flv if i browsed around the internet on to youtube for example and then reprocessed the bbc stream the name would be youtube.....flv.

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers

Default Re: 4.3.2.0 Stream Naming Problem

Bump...
    Any one??

Support Case Opened :34B3A1

Quote Originally Posted by MrChukkel View Post
    Support Case Opened :34B3A1
    any update on this. I noticed a lot of my most recent videos ended up having incorrect names of videos I had just recently downloaded. I was thinking it was due to my sub par 1996 pc equipment, but if others are having a similar issue I would be interested in knowing if a solution has been found.

The problem seems to be between Version 4.3.2.0 and Windows 7. I have RMC installed on one laptop computer with Win XP SP3 and Version 4.3.2.0 works fine. On my desktop with Windows 7, RMC will start out OK, then start duplicating filenames even though the files start out downloading with unique filenames. If I download 20 videos/songs, I may end up with 20 duplicate base filenames.

In the Middle of Nowhere with no TV Signals

The same thing is happening with me. Only it will never pick up the first real name. I'll start a video, switch to another window to surf something or look at a forum and it names the file whatever the page I am on is named. Commercals that get through are also named oddly. Right now, my Body of Proof episode is called lg42lk450, which is a google search I did just after clicking on the stream to play.

Also noticed on this new update that my entire recording on RMC is totally out of synch on everything that I record.

nope no update and not fixed in 4.4.0.. tbh that support sucks for these applications! They basically just closed the call without any solution.. so I re-opened the call and asked them to fix it but still nothing just said ok and closed the call..

Quote Originally Posted by MrChukkel View Post
    Guys, on the latest version of RMC there is a bug on the stream naming.
    If I catch a stream, the first time it captures the stream the name is OK, if the stream stops and I use "Reprocess" the name of the file will be the last thing that I had open using flash, for example, if I was caputuring a stream from bbc, the name would be bbc.....flv if i browsed around the internet on to youtube for example and then reprocessed the bbc stream the name would be youtube.....flv.

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers

HI,

This one is because you have "Browser Title Naming" switched on. If you dont want to use the browser title at the time a stream is detected then switch it off and it will fall back to the other naming rules.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Wow, thanks! a reply that meant something and worked...

This is actually fixed properly now in 4.4.1 and you dont have to disable active Browser Title Naming.. Thank you :-)