Thread: Stuttering at the start of tracks

Default Stuttering at the start of tracks

Hi,

I've got problems with recording from the internet.

Nearly everytime Replay Music splits and starts coverting and tagging the following track starts to stutter for a while.
    During this stuttering the recording time in the display field stops for some time.

Having a look at the windows task manager I can see that cpu-usage is increasing to maximum for some seconds on both kernels.
    I have an AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual CPU 5800+ and 3 GB RAM to use with WXP32.
    So there should not be a problem with not enough power for a rather easy task like record music and convert to MP3.

Because I thought the reason might be the converting to mp3, I tested this and changed the option in recording to wave. But that doesn't change everything. The stuttering still occurs.

The only way to record a track without stuttering is to record every single track seperate and not in a row.

But with this handicap I think Replay Music is really useless as an recording tool for me.

Default Re: Stuttering at the start of tracks

What version of Replay Music are you using? Have you tried doing a fresh boot of your system prior to recording? Does the recorded file also have the stutter or only what you hear while recording?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    What version of Replay Music are you using?
    I am using version 5.0.5

Have you tried doing a fresh boot of your system prior to recording?
    Yes I did. When I reboot and start recording the stuttering doesn't appear for about 4-10 tracks.
    Then ist begins stuttering at every start of a new song. I can see that the latency ist going up during the conversion and it goes down after it.

Does the recorded file also have the stutter or only what you hear while recording?
    I noticed now, that about 60 % of the tracks are o.k., so it seems that the stuttering that I hear during recording dowsn't mean, that there is necessarily stuttering in the recorded track. But the rest of the files are not o.k. There isn't the same kind of stuttering in the recorded tracks that I hear during recording. But there are short interruptions in the recording during the time I heard the stuttering during recording.

Do make sure that extra files are closed and not open as they can take up valuable resources. Again, do a fresh boot prior to a recording. Also, you might try recording using the win audio driver to see if that works better for you or recording in the WAV format.