Thread: Choppy Video - just bought

Default Choppy Video - just bought

Getting really bad chop/stuttering in all video qualities I am now just trying espn3. This is occurring on my video source as soon as I start the program, It is not dependent on actual recording, although it causes the recordings to be choppy as the source has become choppy. What can I do to resolve this? I havent really tried to play with the settings much but it seems like this program is a RAM killer, hoping someone will have an answer that will correct this. My system specs. AMD quad core 960be at 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, sata HD, using on board graphics AMD radeon HD4200 (sharing 750mb of system ram)

Default Re: Choppy Video - just bought

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I am using the window at the lowest video size possible. I should also clarify. that the video choppiness starts when I launch the program, not when I am starting to record, or set a window. As soon as I start the program it begins to make my source video stutter. I was using the mpeg-2 originally, but I hardly think a quad core 3 ghz cpu is a slow machine. Would this be due to lack of stand alone graphics, or my system ram, I do plan on upgrading them eventually but hadn't planned on doing so just to make this program run smoothly, especially since medium to high end games run flawlessly on this rig at low-medium graphics settings.

How do I go about putting in a refund request if this program does not fit my needs?

It could be that you don't have enough RAM. MPEG 2 is the best to record with. If you are in the 30 day money back guarantee contact customer service.

Thank you for the prompt response and the prompt refund. I appreciate that you stand by your product and guarantee. I can understand sometimes things just dont work out and maybe one day when I get my computer running a bit better your program will fit. I have confidence that this company honors its word, and that carries a lot of weight in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    Thank you for the prompt response and the prompt refund. I appreciate that you stand by your product and guarantee. I can understand sometimes things just dont work out and maybe one day when I get my computer running a bit better your program will fit. I have confidence that this company honors its word, and that carries a lot of weight in my book.
    Hi Walker, our pleasure and we most definitely do :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.