Thread: Replay Media Catcher & Pandora - say it isn't so!!!

Default Replay Media Catcher & Pandora - say it isn't so!!!

After setting-aside stream-capturing for a while, I've decided to capture from Pandora One again. I've been having real difficulties trying to do so... I get a few songs captured, than Pandora "locks-up", by stating that there are no more songs to play in any of my radio stations.

After a few communications with the Applian folks (very friendly and prompt, by the way), I get this as a "resolution":

Sorry that you are having troubles with Replay Media Catcher. But unfortunately this is not an issue with Replay Media Catcher. In Pandora, when you are on a station they will only let you forward so many songs at a time. I have tried this and it requests that I choose anther station. This is some type of block in Pandora.

Best regards,

---------
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Well, I beg to differ with Applian technical support on this one - especially when you consider that Applian recommends using Replay Media Catcher for capturing Pandora songs - I mean... look at their own webpage: http://www.applian.com/how-to-record...e/Pandora.html

There it is in black and white - "Recommended for capturing Pandora music"

Applian - I really like your product, but I'm feeling a bit betrayed here!!!

OK - my rant is now over - thanks for the ear!

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher & Pandora - say it isn't so!!!

Hi Jonathan

As I stated in my response - As good as our programmers are, they aren't able to work around Pandoras programming for this. Believe me, they've tried and it just can't be done. I know of few russian hackers from another forum (stream-recorder.com), they tried to do something for this too for their OWN use and were not able to do it.

It's not that we've given up, it's just that there is quite literally nothing we're able to do about this.

By the way - you're now able to Record from Pandora again with Replay Media Catcher :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher & Pandora - say it isn't so!!!

You can also use Replay Music for this. It does an audio capture.