Thread: Cannot contact registration server, plus technical support section not working...

Default Cannot contact registration server, plus technical support section not working...

Whenever I start my licensed copy of Reply Media Catcher, it states that it cannot find the licensing server, and thus will not work with full functionality.

"Unable to connect to the remote licensing server. Please ensure armcp.exe and secure.applian.com are not blocked by your firewall and your proxy server is configured in IE."

Do not have a proxy, and the firewall is not blocking.

Plus, on http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...port/index.php, whenever I click on the button to "Create Media Catcher Support Request", nothing happens.

What is going on here?

--

Default Re: Cannot contact registration server, plus technical support section not working...

My suggestion would be to uninstall.
    Re - boot.
    Go to the Applian Website and download RMC.
    Install and enter the registration code when prompted.

Default Re: Cannot contact registration server, plus technical support section not working...

Ok, performed all of this. Still no dice! I start the application in demo mode initially, and it reports the error about not being able to contact the licensing server. I put in my registration code, the demo mode goes away, and then comes back, along with the error message about not being able to contact the licensing server.

This is absurd! I paid good money for this program, and I can't be the only one experiencing this problem!

Also, the web page to submit a technical request is miserably broken. I cannot get true support from the company like this.

We have been getting tech support tickets without an issue. Please go to this link: http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...port/index.php

Ok, on this page: http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...&department=39

The button on the bottom is linked to:

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pi...&department=39

This URL, when plugged into my browser, yields nothing, as is what happens when I click on the create support ticket button. There is, indeed, is a problem on the page.

I am trying to be patient, but I really don't want to be wasting so much of my time investigating and debugging this company's recent "problems".

Please look into this!

--

Ok, so I apologize, my bad. Strange problem. Somehow, some trouble crept into my hosts file. secure.applian.com was redirecting to 127.0.0.1.

You develop fine software, and I am proud to be a customer.

Thanks Falsom, glad you got that resolved! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

That is indeed good to hear. I was beginning to suspect a firewall.