Thread: Frustrated trying to record XM

Default Frustrated trying to record XM

I'm very frustrated trying to record XM. I can't program it to record the stream. I get a message that it couldn't parse the password. Follwing advice in the forums I have tried to record the stream on my computer. After some time unattended it stops playing with a message of "Are you still there." I loose whatever has recorded to that point and then it resumes when I click "yes." I was told by another user that have to stay active on your computer to keep it going. That doesn't seem to work, either. It still stops playing every half hour or so.

Any ideas how to successfully record it?

Default Re: Frustrated trying to record XM

You do need to use audio capture.

Open AV
    Select Record-Record Audio from Speakers
    Verify it is set for the Replay AV Audio Driver
    Give it a time frame
    Now, go to what you want to capture.

You do need to move the mouse every once in a while so it thinks you are still there and listening.

Default Re: Frustrated trying to record XM

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    You do need to use audio capture.
    You should also settle in and read the threads in this forum about the issue. Replay A/V no longer directly connects to SiriusXM (and in a lot of people's opinions this section should be removed completely from the application). There are work-arounds using the legacy streams that can be used on some (not all) channels, and as mentioned it can be captured from output by Replay A/V and other commercial and free applications available. But they all require some considerable work on the part of the user, and some third-party applications (mouse-macro software to avoid a time-out, connection software for the legacy streams, etc., etc.).

Like I said, start reading this forum. It may take considerable time (there's a whole lot of information here), but you will be able to use the experience we all gained to get where you want to be...eventually.