Thread: What are the best (in the background) options to record BBC iPlayer

Default What are the best (in the background) options to record BBC iPlayer

Hi,

Just purchased the Replay Capture Suite and need an advice. I've tried to search on this forum but had no luck.

I would like to record/convert BBC iPlayer programs in AVI format for my son to watch on his Archos 70 tablet. I have those programs downloaded on my desktop BBC iPlayer. What is next? I guess I can start playing them in iPlayer one by one and use this program to capture in AVI. But the problem is that doing this way would tie up my desktop for considerable time (while doing recording) and I need to be able to use my computer at the same time, especially Skype. Is there an easy way to record in the background?

Many thanks for your help,
    Alex

Default Re: What are the best (in the background) options to record BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer programmes download in only a few minutes (as opposed to record) like a dream using RMC then I imagine Converter can convert to AVI - all this is in the background.
    ps I never use RMC to convert as I have had some problems with picture/voice sync but perhaps thats better nowadays.

Like myersph the BBC iplayer is my favourite source of entertainment and I use RMC to download the programs. There after I open and use the Replay Media Converter when they need to be converted to any other format.
    You have to find out the format that will best play on the Archos.

RMC can also convert but it gives me errors so I prefer to use the separate Applian converter.

Thank you, All.

I've mastered how to download them with RMC and it's great. Now I am having challenges with converting using Replay Media Converter - I've tried AVI format with different resolutions, but in all I get the voice out of sync especially at the end of the video. Any tips on how to get this resolved?

I never do AVI but I find the same with WMV. When the files to convert are still 'pending', you can right click each one and select 'Troubleshoot' then select 'automatically re-sync (all audio corrected)' and see if that helps.

Try searching this forum for 'troubleshoot' and others may have better solutions.