Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error: Couldn't parse login page (WHEN TRYING TO RECORD SIRIUS XM)

Default Re: Error: Couldn't parse login page (WHEN TRYING TO RECORD SIRIUS XM)

Thanks. I will let our web master know about this error

Is there a walk-through on this? With the many threads about workaround and changes, what is the correct way of of Feb 2012 to record a Sirius Internet stream? I'd like to see a set of steps.

Thanks a lot.

Not that I'm trying to bring a dead thread to life, but I thought my post could use some context.

After SiriusXM broke RAV's ability to record streams way back when, I ended up buying a radio so I could record at least one channel on schedule. I obviously really wanted to record a show (Ok, so I'm a sucker for Jay Thomas on Stars Too).

Today, I thought I'd do a little research to see if there has been any advance here. In short, there hasn't. But I did find one thing very interesting.

http://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowl...ervices+Status

This is a MAC application that claims to fully support SiriusXM desktop streaming. I would think if a MAC can stream SiriusXM, Applian should be able to as well. The difference is that the MAC application doesn't capture the audio - so it's not really a competitor to Applian's products. I would think if you could schedule a stream to start on a particular channel, capturing the stream would be the easy part here.

Cheryl - I'm not bashing RAV. I would like, if possible, your dev team to take a look at this application and see if there is something they can leverage to build or buy to fully support recording the streams.

Thanks

We are not updating the AV program and have discontinued selling it. We are currently working on a new program and hope to have it ready for release in the next couple of months. I haven't seen it yet but I believe it does have a solution for Sirius (no promises)

That would be great. Not that I'm wild about paying for a new product, but if it works...

So, would that be Sirius AND XM or just Sirius that you're not promising?

Here's the deal... just got RAV and I am in the same boat. The crappy website player times me out. I need to record the entirety of a show (also a Jay Thomas fan) for later even when I have to go to work...How do we make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We are not updating the AV program and have discontinued selling it. We are currently working on a new program and hope to have it ready for release in the next couple of months. I haven't seen it yet but I believe it does have a solution for Sirius (no promises)
    Also does this program have a name? If it fixes this problem then I need to know what to look for....

I have given you all the info I have. it will be launched in a couple of months. Don't worry-I will let people know on the forum. Thanks.

SiriusXM launched a new player today with DVR type controls and a start show from the begining for current and previus program on a channel.

Spitballing: can A/V 8 possibly download the source file of this new format without recording it real-time like I currently do? Is the new login still un-parsable for scheduled recordings?

Will be waiting anxiously on this. Couple of months will be just a quick fly by.