Thread: Recording Multiple Simultaneous Shows

Default Recording Multiple Simultaneous Shows

I need to record local news broadcasts each day, so I need up to 4 recordings done simultaneously.

Does that mean that I need to purchase 4 Slingboxes and 1 At Large Recorder? Or is this not even possible to do with Slingbox and At Large?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rdearth View Post
    I need to record local news broadcasts each day, so I need up to 4 recordings done simultaneously.

Does that mean that I need to purchase 4 Slingboxes and 1 At Large Recorder? Or is this not even possible to do with Slingbox and At Large?

Thanks.
    Only one connection at a time can be made to a slingbox so if all your news casts are at the same time, then you need four boxes.

I also assume your doing this with slingbox OTA tuners? I ask because this is no simple task with satellite or cable boxes. Even the dual tuner cable/satellite boxes would require two units.

I'm not sure about running ALR several times? Maybe someone else can answer.

I am wondering where your recording location will be in reference to the slingbox(s) location. You have the bandwidth to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by nuke12 View Post
    Only one connection at a time can be made to a slingbox so if all your news casts are at the same time, then you need four boxes.

I also assume your doing this with slingbox OTA tuners? I ask because this is no simple task with satellite or cable boxes. Even the dual tuner cable/satellite boxes would require two units.

I'm not sure about running ALR several times? Maybe someone else can answer.

I am wondering where your recording location will be in reference to the slingbox(s) location. You have the bandwidth to do this?
    I'm not exactly sure. Nothing has been purchased yet.

Currently, I run a cable box through 4 DVRs to a standard television, but we've had issues with these particular DVRs dropping recordings if a program runs over it's scheduled time.

I don't think bandwith will be a problem, but I guess it could be. Expense isn't really a problem either as long as a solution works.

Everything will be located on the same floor of an office setting (within 100 feet of each other) so, if possible, I could run cable directly into the computer, but would still need the capability of recording 4 simultaneous shows.

Quote Originally Posted by rdearth View Post
    I'm not exactly sure. Nothing has been purchased yet.

Currently, I run a cable box through 4 DVRs to a standard television, but we've had issues with these particular DVRs dropping recordings if a program runs over it's scheduled time.

I don't think bandwith will be a problem, but I guess it could be. Expense isn't really a problem either as long as a solution works.

Everything will be located on the same floor of an office setting (within 100 feet of each other) so, if possible, I could run cable directly into the computer, but would still need the capability of recording 4 simultaneous shows.
    If expense is not a problem and your cable company has the equipment, why not two dual PVR recorders or even four single PVR recorders.

I say this because it seems simpler and probably cheaper then using slingboxes. Maybe, I don't fully understand what your trying to do?
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-06-2008 at 12:04 PM.