Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio and Video Out Of Sync

Default Re: Audio and Video Out Of Sync

Dear All

In a way it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem, but frustrating that there doesn't seem to have been a successful solution found yet. I'm guesing somone has already spoken to Applian support? What did they have to say?

Andrew

Post Re: Audio and Video Out Of Sync

I am, but we're still looking for a solution, tried a couple of things, but to no avail... As soon as they provide me one, I will post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by duan View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've noticed that webcams downloaded from Cam4.com are always out of sync (without converting). Every webcam starts with the audio/video in sync, but the longer you download a webcam, the more out of sync it gets.

A 5 minute video is often a few seconds out of sync, but a 1 hour video is often 6 minutes out of sync.

If I dowload a webcam from Cam4.com with StreamTransport or with the commandline tool RTMPDump, the audio/video is always in sync, no matter how long the video is.
    I am always willing to go forth and try new software. Anything for an easy life. I have given Streamtransport a try and I have to say that it is not a patch on RMC. I know it is free but on the whole RMC is far more user friendly and efficient. One thing I did like is the facility to capture the URL. Unless I am not using RMC properly, this option is missing from RMC and would be a welcome tool. There is a way to introduce the URL but nothing to capture it.
    For me RMC still stands as the number 1.

I had a problem of this type and i solved it with a bit of effort. This process takes some time, but you can just run it in the background most of the way...

My flv files were in sync to begin with. When i converted them to any format they went out of sync. I realised that if i separated the video and the audio in the new converted file (in this case i was converting to .avi) I could then recombine them in windows movie maker at the right pace, and generate a new .avi file with correctly sync'd video and audio.

To break apart my out of sync .avi i used a program called SUPER but there are heaps of free programs just like it. In SUPER, to get the video, I selected convert to .avi (even though my original was also .avi) and then disabled the AUDIO. I then converted a second time from the original .avi to mp3 format which pulled out the audio.

I then opened both files in the one movie maker project and adjusted the length of the video file (In my case the video had slightly compacted whilst the audio had stayed the same). In other cases it will probably just need you to adjust the start point of the Audio (In the case of the files being the correct length and always out of sync by the same amount).

Hope this helps someone

Quote Originally Posted by juanlfm View Post
    I am always willing to go forth and try new software. Anything for an easy life. I have given Streamtransport a try and I have to say that it is not a patch on RMC. I know it is free but on the whole RMC is far more user friendly and efficient. One thing I did like is the facility to capture the URL. Unless I am not using RMC properly, this option is missing from RMC and would be a welcome tool. There is a way to introduce the URL but nothing to capture it.
    For me RMC still stands as the number 1.
    Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see your post until now.

You seem to be missing my point. I never said that StreamTransport and RTMPDump are better software. On certain websites (live webcam sites), the audio and video of most videos gradually start to go out of sync and it takes hours to fix a 10 minute video, which is not worth it. How much fun is it to watch a video were somebody says "hello" and 4 seconds later you see that persons mouth move?. If free tools like StreamTransport and RTMPDump can download the videos in sync, then RMC should be able to do it as well.

Altough StreamTransport is not as userfriendly, it does always download the live streams in sync. Using RTMPDump as a plugin with RMC doesn't work, because it never downloads. It always keeps hanging on "Connecting ...".

I have now even gone so far that I spent a few hours writing my own packet sniffer, in order to get the stream url from those websites and automatically launch RTMPDump, to get the same functionality as RMC, but with audio and video in sync.

You are right, sorry, I did miss your point. Well done on the URL sniffer. That is something that RMC needs !

For anybody have syncing issues still, this COULD be fixed by a simple driver update

Please see the link below to update your ffmpeg:
    Update FFMpeg Driver
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.