Thread: Starting recording in middle of video / hulu / 50 % demo capture

Default Starting recording in middle of video / hulu / 50 % demo capture

I downloaded the demo version of RMC. Overall I like what I see but I am having some issues.

I am trying to record from Hulu. Hulu plays a couple of commercials first which is fine.

My problem is that RMC seems to be recording first before the video starts. If I try to start recording after the video starts nothing gets recorded. This is occurring on Hulu and Youtube.

The problem in Hulu is that the first couple of commercials get recorded as separate videos but the actual show never gets recorded.

Is there a way to start recording after the video has started? If so how?

Also the demo is limited to 50% but 50% of what the whole stream?

Default Re: Starting recording in middle of video / hulu / 50 % demo capture

The RMC always starts as soon as the stream is detected. That is not an issue for me. I suspect the reason the program itself does not get recorded is to do with copyright issues. I have experienced this in other sites.

I think the demo restriction is just to give you a taste of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by juanlfm View Post
    The RMC always starts as soon as the stream is detected. That is not an issue for me. I suspect the reason the program itself does not get recorded is to do with copyright issues. I have experienced this in other sites.

I think the demo restriction is just to give you a taste of the program.
    Thanks but I know most of that. They aren't answers to my questions.

I wanted to know how to start recording AFTER the video has started. Same issue as Hulu as in Youtube.

I have read on this forum that others are now recording Hulu.

I am aware of the reason for the 50% limit, I have no problem with that. I wanted to know 50% of what length.

You need to start our program first. It will record only 50 percent of a stream. It needs to start at the beginning.

when did rmc start being able to record hulu??? everytime i try i get the protected stream warning.....

maby im missing something, can someone shed some light on this????

Quote Originally Posted by blazegmc View Post
    when did rmc start being able to record hulu??? everytime i try i get the protected stream warning.....

maby im missing something, can someone shed some light on this????
    This is news to me too! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

That is exactly Spinnaker´s issue as I said above. Hulu is copyright protected which is why he is able to record the adds but not the program itself.