Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Beginning of Tracks Being Cut Off

Default Very Beginning of Tracks Being Cut Off

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've noticed with tracks I've been recording.

The very first split second of all my tracks seems to be cut off. If the song starts slowly with a fade in, the problem is completely not noticeable. But if it's a drum beat or a loud start, the beginning is always slightly chopped off. It's like it takes Replay Music an extra millisecond to realize that music is playing and then begin recording.

I've tried recording songs individually or grouping them in a queue and I'm still experiencing the issue. I'm using Windows 7 and Napster's web player in Firefox.

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Very Beginning of Tracks Being Cut Off

See what happens when you adjust the volume in the output. Also, you might need to experiment with the volume in the settings. Make is lower.

I'm having the same problem. The beginnings of some songs are being cut off and sometimes songs are choppy at the very beginning. I don't see how to adjust the volume in the Freecorder 7 program. I would appreciate your help.

This is for Replay Music and not Freecorder. For assistance with that please go to http://www.freecorder.com

Thumbs up Re: Very Beginning of Tracks Being Cut Off

HI,
    I always put the Silence MP3 before each track, that seems to work.
    Are you using the defaults for the recording levels?
    The Silence MP3 can be found in Program Files/ Replay Music 5 folder. If you have 64 bit version of Windows then look in Program files (X86).
    I have a copy on my desktop which makes it easier to use with Spotify.
    I don't use other music software so I can't give details on how to add the Silence MP3 on these programs.
    Cheers Steve

This problem has already been discussed some time ago, see this thread.

I have tried many different things to avoid ReplayMusic cutting the very beginning of some tracks, but nothing has really worked out to be a solution. The comments by Applian staff suggest that they don't have a clue about this problem and how it could be related to ReplayMusic.

Well, I don't see this problem when using Audials to record from Spotify, so the cause of cutting must be related to ReplayMusic or to the way how exactly recording from the sound card is being done.

I'd wish you guys at Applian would more seriously pay attention to this annoying problem.

Please contact tech support with details regarding your issue. Include the name of a song and where you are recording it from so we can try and duplicate. Each album is different so often you do need to experiment to see how to get it for some songs. In the settings under splitting you might need to adjust the volume cutoff.

Sometimes when RM is missing bits off tracks I use my back up program Audacity to record the song and then let RM tag it, I know it's a bit long winded but it's a work around I have been using for years.

Sorry to say this, but I have completely moved to AudialsOne which does all recording in a very reliable manner. No need to do repeated recordings to catch every bit of a track. Not sure if Audials is as good in tagging as ReplayMusic, but batch renaming any unrecognized tracks using the Spotify recording list is a breeze.

Hi Capricorn,
    I don't have this cutting off problem and I am sure if this happened on most people's machines there would be a big cause for concern for this programme.
    Did you try my silence suggestion below, always works!

Re: Very Beginning of Tracks Being Cut Off
    HI,
    I always put the Silence MP3 before each track, that seems to work.
    Are you using the defaults for the recording levels?
    The Silence MP3 can be found in Program Files/ Replay Music 5 folder. If you have 64 bit version of Windows then look in Program files (X86).
    I have a copy on my desktop which makes it easier to use with Spotify.
    I don't use other music software so I can't give details on how to add the Silence MP3 on these programs.
    Cheers Steve