Thread: Stuttering and Skipping Audio

Default Stuttering and Skipping Audio

Hi -- I've been using Replay A/V since Dec. for recording complete operas; and I love it: just set it and forget it. Usually, I have no problems, except for an occasional broadband crash. However, last week, I recorded something from KPBS (id #1674) using the media guide. I monitored the sound for about 1/2 hour and it sounded fine, and I left it alone for the duration.

When I played it back for splitting, it was stuttering and skipping from the beginning to the end. It was totally unlistenable. 1) What caused this, since tuning while recording was fine (bad spot on my hard drive?) 2)Is there any way to save the recording 3)Is there a way to prevent this in the future. Thanks to all who have suggestions.

Debbie McCormick Guest

Hi,

Was your recording performed using stream capture or the sound card?

Moving this to the Replay AV forum.

Hi Debbie -- Sorry about the delay in answering. I recorded via streaming audio. I did not use the sound card. Linnie447

Debbie:

This sounds like a problem I'm having. Windows XP, Replay 8.52c. KEXP seems like it is compressing the recording to half the normal size. It records the whole show but skips throughout and is unlistenable. Sometimes the recording turns out fine, sometimes not, which is maddening because I'm not changing any settings. Please help.

Default Same Issue...except only when converting

If i record and keep the original file that file sounds fine. It is only when i select a format to convert to that it gets jumpy and skips exactly as you stated in your post.

Applian, any suggestions? It does render the recorded file totally useless because it jumps so badly.

Question Any luck?

Hi - I'm experiencing this same issue - has anyone figured out how or why this is happening? Or a way to avoid it? Thanks!

D

Are you using stream capture or audio capture? What is the link you are capturing from? Thanks.

Hi - I'm using stream capture with an MMS:\\ URL.

Has there been any solution to this problem. I have been using Replay AV for some time, I'm now having this same problem. Streamed recordings are sound like they are record a fast speed, stutter, and are unlistenable

We would need a URL to test. Also, we would need a log file. It is best to contact tech support for this as it is not the norm at all. Thanks.