Thread: Why is half of my Freecorder in Spanish?

Default Why is half of my Freecorder in Spanish?

I went back to Firefox 5.0.1 after Freecorder stopped working with FF6. I'm running the 3.5.0.12 version of the Freecorder toolbar (although I think it says Freecorder 4 when I run the executable.) It works fine, but on my home PC, if I right-click anywhere on the Freecorder toolbar, the options are in Spanish. If I left-click on the Freecorder Toolbar Options (wrench icon), everything is in English (the way I want it). I used the exact same .exe file to install it on my home machine, and it still appears in Spanish. I've totally removed Firefox AND the Freecorder toolbar, and re-installed everything. The strange thing is, everything is in English on Internet Explorer. I'm officially out of ideas. Anyone run into this one yet?

Default Re: Why is half of my Freecorder in Spanish?

Hi Jeff,

That's quite strange,I will admit.

Please uninstall, reboot and reinstall Freecorder from the link below:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php

Also, here is a link to properly uninstall Freecorder:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/s....php#uninstall
    Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Freecorder.

Let us know if this helps!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Why is half of my Freecorder in Spanish?

Thanks for the response, Jeff. That's exactly what I tried initially, and it didn't work. I did follow your steps again, just to make sure, but no luck. It did fix another problem I was going to post about after I got the Spanish thing resolved, however. I think I'm going to go out and try to find a different Firefox executable and re-install that. I did download the current one directly from Mozilla, though.

I almost forgot to mention, the link you posted in your reply was the Freecorder 5 download, not 4.