Thread: I have Replay Video Capture v4.2, so does that mean I also have to spend $9.95 for v5.1?

Smile I have Replay Video Capture v4.2, so does that mean I also have to spend $9.95 for v5.1?

Quote Originally Posted by wmercier View Post
    Got an update for those of you, like me, who have been having problems installing the RVC5.1 upgrade. After several days of Support Msgs back and forth with no success, I receive a msg from Cheryl Wester with a new wrinkle. She informs me that since I was an earlier Suite purchaser I am obligated to pay an additional $9.95 if I want the upgrade. Later Suite purchasers receive the upgrade for free. Were this a fee across the board for everyone and made known in advance, then I could understand. My problem with this fee is Applian has selectively chosen earlier, loyal customers to gouge with this fee and given a free pass to later purchasers of the same $79 Suite. I was never notified that the RVC5.1 would require an additional payment and spent about 3 days trying to get the program installed. Big waste of my time including msgs back and forth to Support. To be honest, I feel that this is a rip off. I paid the same price for the Suite as later purchasers so why should I be assessed an additional $9.95 and they receive it for free? If it’s an upgrade that warrants an additional fee then everyone should be required to pay across the board. I’m curious as to how other Suite owners that are in my situation feel about Applian’s business practice of rewarding the later purchasers at the expense of gouging earlier, loyal purchasers? This may be Applians upgrade policy but for me it STINKS!
    I have vesion 4.2, so does that mean I also have to spend $9.95 for v5.1? If so I wish they would say so and not have to guess at this.

Default Re: I have Replay Video Capture v4.2, so does that mean I also have to spend $9.95 for v5.1?

yes, you'll have to pay the fee to upgrade to 5.1

I too am on the fence about upgrading from 4.2 to 5.1 because of the fee.

Default Re: I have Replay Video Capture v4.2, so does that mean I also have to spend $9.95 for v5.1?

Just enter your Activation Code or e-mail to find out:
    http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php

I'm confused. If I go to Applian site, I see this: Product Updates are free for all of our programs. You can check out all updates here: http://applian.com/blog/updates/

When I go here I see Replay Video Capture -5.2.1
    listed in the updates. So is this a free update or pay for upgrade? I currently have
    Replay Video Capture v4.2-03.01.10

I asked about this too and was given this link:

http://www.applian.com/support-upgrade_policy.php

Basically people who bought the suite within 30 days of the new upgrade get the upgrade for free. I bought my suite several months ago, so I have to pay $9.95. The full price of the RVC upgrade is $39.95.