Thread: Recording OnDemand Channels

Default Recording OnDemand Channels

I was once told that At-Large Recorder could record OnDemand channels as long as they were available on my DVR and that my SlingBox Pro was configured to be able to view them.

That is either not entirely true or I cannot determine how in the world to do that!

When trying to record anything from the SB Pro with A-L Recorder, the SB Pro must not be opened and I am required to enter the channel number that I wish to record, right? But OnDemand requires first selecting the main OnDemand channel, which brings up the main menu for OnDemand, and then navigating to a category, opening that category, and then selecting the show. Beyond the main OnDemand channel - 001 in my case - there are no other specific channel numbers. So I have to set A-L Recorder to record from Channel 001. But then it can only record the OnDemand main menu. There is no apparent way to select the category and show to record.

Is there another step that would allow selecting the OnDemand show in A-L Recorder settings? Or is it indeed impossible to actually record a show in OnDemand?

Thanks!

Jim

Debbie McCormick Guest

You can record an on-demand show or anything on your Tivo recorded list by opening SlingPlayer first and using its remote to navigate through the menus on your TV and begin playing what you want to record. Then just quickly close SlingPlayer and open At-Large Recorder. Just start recording without setting a channel number. You'll be recording whatever is playing at that moment on your tuner.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    You can record an on-demand show or anything on your Tivo recorded list by opening SlingPlayer first and using its remote to navigate through the menus on your TV and begin playing what you want to record. Then just quickly close SlingPlayer and open At-Large Recorder. Just start recording without setting a channel number. You'll be recording whatever is playing at that moment on your tuner.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks Debbie. I knew that SlingPlayer has to be closed in order to record with At-L Recorder, but I didn't know that I could set the channel manually first.

Plus I thought that I had to enter a channel in the record schedule dialog where it requests it. If I put "001" threre - which is the channel that accesses all the OnDemand programming - At-L will change the channel to that and I would get the OnDemand Menu/Preview Guide again.

I'll give this a try.

Thanks again!

Jim