Thread: ReplayAV 8 Stops Recording After 3 or 4 Days

Question ReplayAV 8 Stops Recording After 3 or 4 Days

Hi

I have Replay AV8 set up to record from line in on a schedule between 9am and 11pm. The recordings are set into hourly shows.

The PC is left on 24/7, with things like Sleep, instal updates etc all disabled.

However, every 3 or 4 days, the program stops recording (the 'last recorded' date doesnt change) however the program LOOKS like it is still recording (red speaker icon against the current scheduled recording, VU meter moving).

The log file also stops being generated (so if the program stopped recording on 8th June, that would be the last log file). The only way I can get it to continue recording is to restart the program, but that means I've lost a number of days recordings.

I had a look at the log file, and the last entry each time a 'crash/freeze' occurs is as follows:

Fri May 27 9:03:08 PM Looking for registration code in HKCU/ Software\Replay AV 8
    Fri May 27 9:03:08 PM Unable to open URL: https://secure.applian.com/util/chec...adio.php?code=<<Coderemoved>>product=RAV
    Fri May 27 9:03:08 PM Start Recording 2100
    Fri May 27 9:03:12 PM Unable to open URL: http://www.applian.com/user/validate.php?url=&name=2100
    I solved this problem by opening up access to the internet on the PC, but now the issue still remains. Again, checking the log file it stopped as follows:

Wed Jun 8 8:00:20 PM Looking for registration code in HKCU/ Software\Replay AV 8
    Wed Jun 8 8:00:22 PM Start Recording 2000
    I should clarify that I AM using a legit, licensed version of Replay!

Any ideas??

Default Re: ReplayAV 8 Stops Recording After 3 or 4 Days

Audio recording is very power intensive. After several days all of your computer resources are being used. I would recommend that you reboot your computer once every couple of days and it should work fine. This is especially true on Vista and Windows 7.

I have a similar issue, except that I am not recording from line-in but rather from the sound card using the Replay AV Audio Driver method. After a few days Replay AV simply stops recording, and when this occurs the "VU meter" at the bottom of the display is empty - the usual green waveform of an active recording is not present, just an empty black rectangle - that's how I can tell it is not working. The red speaker icon is still present, as is the red icon in the task bar, so the recording is active but nothing gets recorded. Rebooting as Cheryl recommended does not solve the problem for me, but I have found that uninstalling and reinstalling Replay AV _does_ temporarily resolve it for at least a few days until it happens again. The period of time seems to very greatly from 3 or 4 days to several weeks.

Anyone else seeing this or have any idea what is going on? It is almost like the "connection" to the sound card has been lost. The log file says something to the effect of "no sound was detected" (don't have any old logs handy at the moment - just reinstalled today).

It seems to be aggravated by another user logging in (locally via "Switch User" or Remote Desktop) while I am still logged in with Replay AV running, but I have no hard evidence of this currently, just a hunch.

Replay AV 8.83B on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Last edited by cgiordano; 08-10-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Edit: added more info

Hi, everyone.

I was looking over the comments on this forum after not visiting for some months (or having the need to visit--yay!) and came across this thread.

Cheryl, you might want to amend your comment above. Vista and W7 should NEVER need to be rebooted to make a program work properly.

And as for CPU workload, I am typing this on my 5-year-old desktop PC (XPpro) which is coincidentally doing several Replay stream captures. According to Windows task manager, the ReplayAV process is consuming 2%.

I do extensive video editing and rendering with Vegas on this machine. THAT is an application that pegs my dual-core processor chip for hours at a time. Still never any need to periodically reboot.

I make a habit of rebooting my computer on a daily basis. I test a lot of different programs and URLs and I personally find it makes my system work better. I have also found that the audio on my systems (not with AV necessarily) often needs rebooted to work correctly. This happens if I'm recording or not recording. It is a personal choice as to what you do and I was simply offering a solution that works the majority of the time.

SAME PROBLEM BUT after the show I'm recording off the speaker sound card methode (sirius) it just stops and I need to reinstall it.