Thread: list of recorded shows has disappeared, gone blank

Default list of recorded shows has disappeared, gone blank

I had a power outage recently and I think my machine was recording a show. When I brought it back up I opened Replay and the list of scheduled recordings had been erased in a matter of speaking. All that remains is a group of about ten shows that have no information at all. All the log files are intact, I am trying to discover a way of resetting the shows based on the log files. I tried importing the shows from a previous version but the software says there are no schedule files found. I have tried reinstalling the program and that didn't change anything, even the log files remained intact. Anyone know what the file names are for the schedule files so I can search my hard drive??

Default Re: list of recorded shows has disappeared, gone blank

Additional note: I just went to an archived copy of the schedule8.dat file and replaced the current copy with it, and the program is still not recognizing it as a valid schuduler file! Any ideas what's wrong?

It could be that the older version of your schedule is a lot older than the version you are using. What version of AV 8 are you using? Where did you put the file? If you continue to have an issue contact tech support and send us your log file and details.

Well, I have no idea why, but Replay decided on its own to replace my schedule based on the archived DAT file, which is better than nothing. This just happened sometime last night, I don't know why or when. I did open the current DAT file and it was completely scrambled. I am going to have put that particular file on my backup schema for the future. It's fortunate I have a cloned copy of my system drive or I'd be hosed.

I still have a question regarding whether Replay can rebuild a schedule from the logs, because I dug into the registry and found that all the show information is stored in the registry separate from the DAT file. How hard could it be to build that functionality into the software? Does Tech Support have any case files available on how to pull this information from a machine's registry?

It will not rebuild the schedule from the logs.

That's really too bad. How about rebuilding it from the computer's registry?

Quote Originally Posted by denodave View Post
    Well, I have no idea why, but Replay decided on its own to replace my schedule based on the archived DAT file
    I have posted before about the necessity of backing up the Schedule8.dat...Replay A/V will routinely trash that file in the event of a crash; apparently if the file can't be properly parsed due to corruption, Replay A/V will replace it with a clean, empty one (or an imported old one, if you used the application before it moved the file from Program Files\Replay AV 8). In XP, it's in:

Code:
    c:\documents and settings\<<user>>\local settings\application data\
    Any time you make any changes to the schedule, you must make a backup of that file. If you don't, you can expect eventually to have your schedule disappear.

I agree this is a good practice. After losing the schedule a few times (once as an apparent result of just updating firefox) I decided to back up regularly and it has saved me a lot of time.