Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: At-large does not work with the Slingbox Pro-HD

Default I am hooked

on the picture quality after switching to the HD-Pro from the original classic. I only receive around 400kbps and switching unit has doubled the quality at the same bps rate.

It would be nice if the software would record the same quality but I would gladly accept any quality over nothing. Maybe that is not possible since the setup is completely different.

Anyone know of any other applications that can record the HD-Pro signal?

Your getting better video at the same bit rate because the Pro-HD is using better compression ie. H.264 (MPEG4).

Actually the Pro-HD is able to stream using MPEG4 or the older MPEG2 (or is it WMV?). It depends on the clients capabilities and is negotiated in the setup packets.
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-28-2008 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Noted... we will be changing that area, thanks for pointing that out to us and I apologize for any confusion it may have caused
    Your quick. I see it has been done.

I found a temporary solution. Not even close to Applian but mReplay will record output from the HD-Pro. It looks like its actually recording the output instead of reading directly from the box. Quality is good enough to convert to media players.
    I though about changing to the slingbox pro but this HD-Pro picture quality and 5.1 sound combined with Applian's future high quality recording capabilities will be top drawer! I will limp along with this low quality recording and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by chinavol View Post
    I found a temporary solution. Not even close to Applian but mReplay will record output from the HD-Pro.
    Yes it records, but as you say, the quality is not great. It's really ment for internet video clips. Something like YouTube and top quality video is not the prime requirement.

I'm sure you will be happy with your Pro-HD. I think it's the best box Sling Media has made so far. I know there are a lot of PAL users just itching to get a PAL version.

Red face Slingbox Solo- Which has HD works except 16:9 aspect ratio

Just as a point of note as it relates to conencting ALR2 to HD capable SLingboxes. ( I know this is not the PRO-HD)

I have been using a Slingbox Solo HD for many months and it has always worked great. At Large Recorder connects just fine. I did not have any trouble. The only trouble I am having relates to captured aspect ratio. 16:9 is not supported yet, so the capture is either stretched or squished. There is a curent posting on aspect ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker000 View Post
    Just as a point of note as it relates to conencting ALR2 to HD capable SLingboxes. ( I know this is not the PRO-HD)

I have been using a Slingbox Solo HD for many months and it has always worked great. At Large Recorder connects just fine. I did not have any trouble. The only trouble I am having relates to captured aspect ratio. 16:9 is not supported yet, so the capture is either stretched or squished. There is a curent posting on aspect ratios.
    I think it was clearly stated in this post;
    https://forum.applian.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=16
    ALR works fine with all Slingboxes except the Pro-HD.

I also want to point out that all previous Slingboxes before the Pro-HD DO NOT stream HD quality video even though they have HD inputs. The box downconverts the video before streaming.
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-31-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks. That is okay the overall picture quality is far better than classic Slingbox.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker000 View Post
    Thanks. That is okay the overall picture quality is far better than classic Slingbox.

Thanks.
    There is no denying that. And the step you see between the classic and the solo has been done again between the solo and the pro-hd.

I would say Applian has been spammed.

080829k you should use English if your going to spam here.