Thread: armcp.exe - RMC4 Executable? How to restore a shortcut

Default armcp.exe - RMC4 Executable? How to restore a shortcut

I was doing a lot of recording with RMC4 then took a break and closed the program. When I re-opened RMC4 it froze on the opening logo screen. Turns out I had 0 bytes free on the drive (stupid, I know!)

I used the Task Manager to close RMC4 and a system requester, different looking than others I have seen in the past, popped up and said something similar to "quit now or cancel to wait for program to respond"

I selected QUIT. I then freed up a lot of HD space and tried to restart RMC4, but the executable was missing! The entire directory is there but just the executable was deleted. I assume I can just reinstall. RMC4 and all will be fine, but this event makes me wonder if there is something more wrong with my system. Any ideas?
    ------------
    UPDATE:
    I think it may just be my shortcut to RMC4 that is damaged (the file is 0 bytes) In the RMC4 directory I found the executable armcp.exe file size 68 KB. Is that the correct executable to launch RMC4 and the correct file size?

Thanks

Default Re: RMC4 Executable

Hi Net

We're not able to troubleshoot your system as a whole unfortunately. Try re-installing RMC and hopefully that'll resolve the issue for you.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: armcp.exe - RMC4 Executable? How to restore a shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by netsez View Post
    I think it may just be my shortcut to RMC4 that is damaged (the file is 0 bytes) In the RMC4 directory I found the executable armcp.exe file size 68 KB. Is that the correct executable to launch RMC4 and the correct file size?
    armcp.exe is exactly the executable that you need. Just creat a shortcut to it and place it into your start menu, your desktop,...

Default Re: armcp.exe - RMC4 Executable? How to restore a shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    armcp.exe is exactly the executable that you need. Just creat a shortcut to it and place it into your start menu, your desktop,...
    Excellent!

Thank you!