Thread: Applian - stop advertising Sirius/XM support?

Default Applian - stop advertising Sirius/XM support?

From following a number of threads it is now clear that XMTuner is not a reliable option for use in capturing Sirius/XM streams. I also see no indication from Applian that the issue will ever be fixed. Therefore, why is the support of recording Sirius/XM still listed as a major feature of RAV? Isnt this blatant false-advertising?

Please remove the support for Sirius/XM listing. Why do I care? Because I spent $50 on the software 5 months ago strictly to record Sirius/XM and now its practically useless. I would not like to see others fall into this trap....

Default Re: Applian - stop advertising Sirius/XM support?

I agree.

ReplayAV hasn't been able to record Sirius/XM as advertised for months without using other software workarounds...

You guys are right. I threw in the towel on Replay AV. I simply decided that I got my 50 bucks worth and moved on. As much as I love Applian, the "tech-head" workarounds offered in the discussion forum were becoming a pain.

Have you found a simple alternative? I need something for my boss and he's already given up on Replay A/V as well, (I'd hardly say I got 50 bucks worth though, but too late for refunds.)

Quote Originally Posted by willieee View Post
    You guys are right. I threw in the towel on Replay AV. I simply decided that I got my 50 bucks worth and moved on. As much as I love Applian, the "tech-head" workarounds offered in the discussion forum were becoming a pain.
    Must reluctantly agree, and it really doesn't wotk quite right in windows 7, maybe RAV 9 will take care of this let's hope

Guys--I found this workaround in another chat room: SiriusXMStreamer.
    Same procedure as XMTuner. Working great so far.

SiriusXMStreamer doesn't work for all channels. I have an XM sub, and SiriusXMStreamer can't get 3, 19, 21, 22, 24, 36-38, 61, 63, 69, 87-89, 96-97, 102-113, 125, 126, and 128.

As of this time, neither XMTuner or XM Streamer is working. For months now, Applian has continued to advertise that its software is capable of recording Sirius/XM and the support pages direct users to outdated information. It is time for this company to stop its misleading and deceptive advertising or provide some work-around [U]in its own software to enable recording of Sirius/XM.

On the website we state that it is working for now but we don't know for how long. I guess we found out how long today. I'm sure the website will be updated