Thread: Successful Upgrade But Media Catcher 3.01 Not Working

Default Successful Upgrade But Media Catcher 3.01 Not Working

I've attempted recording several times. Before upgrading, it worked maybe 70% of the time. After upgrading it hasn't worked at all.

I cleared the cache, started the recording, then started the browser and went to the website. Nothing happened. Not even a partial file.

I even checked off the Web Stream Dumper plugin as was suggested in the "tip of the day" popups.

Of note is that during upgrade I was told to uninstall the previous version. I did that. When installation started I was told that "gopher.dll" was still running and could not be upgraded. No program was running at the time except the upgrade installation program.

I move the dll file to another location. Then the upgrade continued and said it was successful. After a struggle and a lot of "access denied" messages I managed to delete the old gopher.dll file.

As I mentioned above, Media Catcher 3.01 does not catch anything now. I've visited 4 different websites and still nothing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Margie; 09-30-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: To add that I checked off the Web Stream Dumper plugin as advised in the tips

Was the error?
    The following file is in use and can not be updated:
    C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\gopher.dll

Close all other applications and choose Retry. Choose Cancel to install this file on reboot.

After closing all other applications did it it still show
    The following file is in use and can not be updated:
    C:\Program Files\Replay Media Catcher\gopher.dll

Close all other applications and choose Retry. Choose Cancel to install this file on reboot.

A lot of times the best thing to do is close all apllications, choose "Retry," and if the message is still there, then choose "Cancel."

Gopher.dll is loaded into running browsers to monitor the browser's activities and look for media files on the fly to download as the browser encounters them. Once gopher.dll is loaded by Internet Explorer and/or Windows Explorer, the only practical way to unload it is to reboot. In short and too simplified, it's part of the nature of how Windows keeps an instance of Internet Explorer (and of course Windows Explorer) running all the time.

That's why the box gives you just two choices, Retry or Cancel.

I would try uninstalling Replay Media Catcher, rebooting, and then reinstalling Replay Media Catcher. Then follow the "How To" instructions on the main page to download a YouTube file as a test.