Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

Default Re: mfc downloads - blocked

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    It has NOT always been available. And it is not like using a screen recorder, because you can open multiple windows and record ALL of them. It is worse than it was before only because of the custom protection used by MFC. It is not legally possible to overcome such a protection.

p.s. You didn't grasp it while I was repeating this multiple times in another forum. I wonder why you keep telling the same thing over and over again.
    It's not "legally possible" to overcome any other protection (Youtube, etc.) yet it does, in fact the recording mode does just that. Bottom line, if it does not restore previous functionality, it is not a "fix", that is the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    It's not "legally possible" to overcome any other protection (Youtube, etc.) yet it does, in fact the recording mode does just that. Bottom line, if it does not restore previous functionality, it is not a "fix", that is the definition.
    You're right about the bottom line, it's not a fix. For me the other bottom line is; I bought the RMC 3.11 and upgraded to RMC 4.28 ONLY for use at MFC.

So I'm still hoping RMC is going to be restored to the use I purchased it for.

The problem with recording is to stay in the room all the time. Even bigger problem is when recording one room and surfing other rooms (or sites) they also get recorded because the record button has to be always on also when staying in MFC "Lounge room" every stream gets recorded.

Five months later.

Six months later.

Default Re: www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

Seven months later. Over half a year since a fix was promised.

We have provided a work around TRX, we're not able to FIX this issue as it would put us in the way of possible legal issues, however the work around we HAVE provided multiple times works fine.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    We have provided a work around TRX, we're not able to FIX this issue as it would put us in the way of possible legal issues, however the work around we HAVE provided multiple times works fine.
    How would a work around not create the exact same legal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    yeah, i'm one of the original posters on this subject and this thread, and in my opinion the statement "the work around...works fine" is at best an exaggeration and at worst downright misleading. the work around barely works, if at all. it's as if a mechanic told you your car works fine because it now only breaks down every few hundred yards.

unfortunately, i am another customer who bought this application specifically for the sole purpose of recording from the site in question. the fact that within months of my purchase, the site took steps to prevent such recording is perhaps not surprising. i certainly appreciate the effort that the company put into trying to find a solution or work around. but it is nonetheless disappointing that i appear to have wasted my money.