Thread: Can't join files: The sample start time is after the sample end time HRESULT: 0x80040228 (Unspecified error hr = 0x8004005)

Default Can't join files: The sample start time is after the sample end time HRESULT: 0x80040228 (Unspecified error hr = 0x8004005)

I used Replay Media Splitter to pull 4 segments from an avi file. It worked great. When I tried to use the Join Manager to merge the new files into 1 file, I get the following error message: "The sample start time is after the sample end time HRESULT: 0x80040228 (Unspecified error hr = 0x8004005)". For all files, the start time shows as 00:00:00:00 and the end times of course vary. Any ideas?
    Also, is there a way to just merge all the selected segments into one file instead of making several files and then merging them?
    Thanks!
    John

Default Re: Can't join files

Have you checked the Replay Media Splitter User Guide yet by chance?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Have you checked the Replay Media Splitter User Guide yet by chance?
    Of course. I did exactly what it says and got the above error.

Are the files the same bitrate, dimensions, along with format? They need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Are the files the same bitrate, dimensions, along with format? They need to be.
    Yes. The files are all segments from one dvd. They were created by Replay Media Splitter at the same time. The splitting of the segments and creating the avi files worked very well but I am unable to join them. I just tried to join other avi files (NOT created with Replay Media Splitter) and they joined without any problem. But the files created with Replay Media Splitter don't join. They play individually OK though.

Applian Support - any ideas? I still cannot join avi files that were created by Replay Media Splitter. I neded up using Windows Movie Maker to join the files - but I'd rahter pull extracts and then join them with the same app (that I paid for!!)

Please do contact tech support as we will need to take a look at this.