Thread: Telecorder doesn't recognize webcam for recording video (Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Skype 5.1.59.112)

Question Telecorder doesn't recognize webcam for recording video (Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Skype 5.1.59.112)

Hi!

I just installed the newest version of Telecorder. I am using Windows 7 64bit and the newest version of Skype for Windows. When I make a video call, Telecorder does not recognize any webcam although they're on and working fine in the Skype call. Telecorder shows the audio streams only ... it looks like this:

I read the threads in the forum here and followed the advices to deinstall Skype. So I did the following: Deinstall Skype - reboot - reinstall Skype - reboot - try Telecorder again. It's still the same.

What can I do?

Cheers,
    sun

Default Re: Telecorder doesn't recognize webcam for recording video (Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Skype 5.1.59.112)

When you installed Telecorder was Skype closed? If not do install again. Go into the taskbar and right mouse click Skype. Select quit. Then do a fresh install.

Smile Thank you!

Hi Cheryl,

thanks a lot for your reply! I didn't know Skype has to be closed during the installation. I followed your instructions and now it's working without problems!

Cheers,
    sun

Default Re: Thank you!

Great. Thanks for letting me know.