Thread: Replay Converter won't convert files

Default Replay Converter won't convert files

I just purchased the Replay Capture Suite. The Media Catcher seems to work fine, but I cannot convert the .flv files using Converter. The files will play in the Flash Video Player. It just says "0 of 1 files converted." and stops no matter what format I choose. I've been trying to get this to work for hours and it's frustrating. This actually worked in the demo version. I also had a problem getting one video to record in Media Catcher. It would record but the actual video file would be smaller and wouldn't play in the Player. I ended up having to use some other software to save it. I've got 30 days to get this to work before I try and get a refund.

Default Replay Converter won't convert

I am having the same problem converting a radio stream to mp3. When I stop recording the Replay Converter comes on automatically to convert the file but does not. I could not open/play the m3u file with any player on my multimedia HP. I opened the converter in a new window and tried to convert the file as a seperate job but get this "0 of 1 files converted" message. The file was not converted

I just found out that the problem was the all-in-one installer must install an older version of the Converter and that's why it wouldn't work. Or perhaps it just needed to be uninstalled manually. So I reinstalled using the individual RC installer and it was the new version, which works.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    I just purchased the Replay Capture Suite. The Media Catcher seems to work fine, but I cannot convert the .flv files using Converter. The files will play in the Flash Video Player. It just says "0 of 1 files converted." and stops no matter what format I choose. I've been trying to get this to work for hours and it's frustrating. This actually worked in the demo version. I also had a problem getting one video to record in Media Catcher. It would record but the actual video file would be smaller and wouldn't play in the Player. I ended up having to use some other software to save it. I've got 30 days to get this to work before I try and get a refund.
    Hmm, well if you're using version 2.8 which it sounds like you are, If you don't mind, I'd like you to try something for me please, I'm HOPING this will resolve your issue, but if it does not we'll certainly look into it further for you:

Please try changing the direct show settings for the type of file that you are converting from. Here’s how to do this in Replay Converter 2.80.

1.Click on Options.

2.If your conversion is a video file, click on the “Video Conversion Options” button. If your conversion is an audio only file click on the Audio Conversions Options button.

3.In the Direct Show options dialog box that opens next, find the file format of the original file that you are converting FROM. If Direct Show for that format is not checked, please check it. If it is already checked, then please uncheck it. If you are unable to find the format of the original file you are converting in the options, then either check or uncheck the "Other" check box.

4.Try your conversion again.

Let me know if this helps.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    I just found out that the problem was the all-in-one installer must install an older version of the Converter and that's why it wouldn't work. Or perhaps it just needed to be uninstalled manually. So I reinstalled using the individual RC installer and it was the new version, which works.
    I'm glad the new version is working for you...my other instructions still apply for those having issues with 2.80.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased the suite mainly because I wanted the converter. But I cannot get anything to convert. I tried several different files and formats and settings, but nothing converts. I have tried the steps in this forum, but no luck. I have uninstalled and installed etc. Can someone tell me why this product doesn't work!?

We need to know a little more information if you are having a problem converting a file. What version of converter are you using? What format is the original file in? What format are you trying to convert to? In some cases it might be easier to contact tech support for the individual attention that you need.

Thumbs up Hurray! It works!

Well, I went back and tried one more time. I completely uninstalled the program, but this time I noticed there were two uninstalls - one for 2.8 and one for 3.0. I uninstalled both and rebooted and then reinstalled the newest version - this time after I rebooted and started the program I noticed that the program looked totally different, so I was feeling pretty confident by now. I opened a file and converted it. It worked perfect. Next I converted another file type - It worked great! I'm pretty happy right now!!!

Thanks for posting that it is working. We appreciate it.