Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay Media Capture 3.11 not recording anything

Default Re: Replay Media Capture 3.11 not recording anything

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    I've test recorded from MFC many times with no problem. Are you trying to record private or group shows, or just the free public ones?
    Just the free ones. I'll try uninstalling RMC and reinstalling it. Just not sure why it would stop recording that site after chrome did one of its stealth updates.

edit: Ok, so I uninstalled both RMC 3.11B and chrome and reinstalled them. It still has the same problem of not recording that site. RMC 4 can but again, before I upgrade to that version, does it really need to install those two drivers in order to work?
    Last edited by rcheliguy; 03-16-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Default Re: Replay Media Capture not recording anything

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie Heggenberger View Post
    Hi,
    Please try and uninstall Replay Media Catcher, reboot, reinstall from this link: http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php (Replay Media Catcher 3.11b is near the bottom of the page), reboot after the install. Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Media Catcher. Also, any new security updates on your computer? Here is a list of program that conflict with Replay Media Catcher:
    Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility
    Comodo
    Vista Transformation Pack
    Net Nanny
    Threatfire
    Trusteer Rappoirt
    PCTools
    Avast

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while RMC is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.
    Thanks. I turned off my anti-virus then did a uninstalled and reinstalled and that worked! I didn't have any of that conflicting software on my machine btw

Quote Originally Posted by rcheliguy View Post
    RMC 4 can but again, before I upgrade to that version, does it really need to install those two drivers in order to work?
    The drivers are used for finding stream URLs as well as capturing streams, so you do need to install them.

This is an old thread but on-topic so I'll bump it. Have we worked any go-around for ZoneAlarm? I am incredibly leery of turning off my virus-checker/firewall and am hoping someone may know an exception rule, etc. for the conflict. Please don't say ask Zone Alarm, I've never done anything to you. lol [If you are a Zone Alarm user you understand that joke, if you are not you are very lucky. Never buy it.] Same site, MyFreeCams, public shows, works 100% with Zone Off, lags, stops, hiccups and generally behaves like a real old man with Zone Alarm on.

Any new ideas in the 3 years since this thread and any major virus checkers that don't conflict or can easily have an exception set.

Thx

ps: RMC 5 - legit - bought as part of the full set of utilities

pss: Windows 8.1 [No it's not the cause] - 64 bit - 16gig ram - 2gigVideo