In my left hand I have a RTMP url. And in my right hand I have a file name. Just a name, no path. How do I issue a download task? I mean via software/script. Using "Tools > Download ..." is not an option.

I currently have 2 options and both are not satisfying. First one is to kick-start mplayer/ffmpeg with the URL, dump the stream to NUL and then kill the process after 5 seconds. RMC capture the URL, downloads the stream and creates a fantastic Guid.New() filename. I have to check the storage folder for any new file with a current datetime and wait for RMC to close it, so I can capture the file rename/move it. This procedure is quite fragile.

Second is to create a temporary web page, add a <title> tag to it with the desired file name, launch a mini-flash-rtmp player and then put this temporary webpage file to a local web server, download the page and do the same stuff (but this time I have a filename) in the storage folder. This procedure is more robust but the rtmp flash player (of the web page) annoys me when the stream starts playback. Sound in the background, and there's no mute.

So, any way to make a simple download request less complicated? And while I'm at it: Any way to get the corresponding log file for the download task? (without scanning all files in the history directory). I always have to check the log for a successful download. RMC says "successful" and green but is wrong. The log says otherwise, e.g. lost connection/broken.

But otherwise, RMC is extremely reliable regarding RTMP streams. Love it!