Thread: No Network Adapter Recognized in Windows 7 64-Bit

Default No Network Adapter Recognized in Windows 7 64-Bit

I am running a new Dell XPS 8300 Desktop with Windows 7 64-bit. I just installed and activated the most recent version of Replay A/V (Version 8.82). I have a Comcast cable internet connection. My internet is going through the cable modem to an external Linksys 'N' router and then to my desktop. This is a hard-wired (ethernet cable), not a wireless, connection. I have two user accounts in Windows 7 and am logged in with the Administrator account. I have disasbled Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. I have Zone Alarm as my virus protection, and that is de-activated. User Account Control (UAC) is disabled for both users.

The video card is an AMD Radeon HD 5450. I installed a Creative PCe X-Fi Titanium sound card.

I am still getting the message, "No network activity was detected on any available Network Adapter. Please make sure you have a live Internet connection, and that Replay AV is not being blocked by a firewall."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: No Network Adapter Recognized in Windows 7 64-Bit

Hi

A few things please: Here is a link to the directions for your Windows firewall settings. Please check them for me.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/sup..._guide_800.php

Next, make sure you're logged in as and ADMIN on your pc - and please disable your UAC settings on Win 7

Let me know if that helps
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

The instructions displayed in the link noted are not for Windows 7, however, I did my best to figure out what was being done in Windows 7 based on the screen shots provided. I added all Applian programs within Windows Firewall and also within Zone Alarm. Windows Firewall is completely permanently disabled, and Zone Alarm is disabled before attempting to run Replay AV. I am still getting the same error message upon trying to launch Replay AV. I re-booted after making the changes noted before attempting to restart Replay AV. Any further suggestions? It is very frustrating not being able to use this purchased software. Thanks in advance for any additional troubleshooting you can provide.

Did you install the WinPCap file with AV? It is what is used to find most network adapters. Also, what are you using for your Internet. thanks.

Thank you for your reply. WinPCap was the issue. After reinstalling Replay AV and making sure to include WinPCap in the installation, the software is now recognizing the card. Your company may wish to revise the installation instructions to remove the wording that WinPCap is an optional installation, since it appears to be essential in the functioning of the software. Once again, thank you for all of your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by wallhut View Post
    Thank you for your reply. WinPCap was the issue. After reinstalling Replay AV and making sure to include WinPCap in the installation, the software is now recognizing the card. Your company may wish to revise the installation instructions to remove the wording that WinPCap is an optional installation, since it appears to be essential in the functioning of the software. Once again, thank you for all of your assistance.
    Wonderful - we're happy to hear that did the trick for you! ;-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.