Thread: Replay AV after recording a show and converting, the filename still has .asf in it but the ext is mp3

Lightbulb Replay AV after recording a show and converting, the filename still has .asf in it but the ext is mp3

I want replay AV to stop adding .asf to the file names of my recorded sirius show. I have to go thru and manually edit each file to remove it. Any way of doing this?

see screenshot:

Default Re: Replay AV after recording a show and converting, the filename still has .asf in it but the ext is mp3

I'm afraid not. It is doing it how it is meant to record and convert. Thanks.

Default Re: Replay AV after recording a show and converting, the filename still has .asf in it but the ext is mp3

Just make a little batch file. I tried it with your filename scheme, and it works.

Windows comes with a text editor called "Notepad" which you find under "Start-Programs-Accessories". Open Notepad and type (or copy and paste) the following two lines in it:

ren ???????????????????????????.asf.mp3 ???????????????????????????.mp3
    ren ??????????????????????????.asf.mp3 ?????????????????????????.mp3

Under Notepad's pulldown menu, "click File-Save As..." and give the file any name you want but be sure to type .bat. For example, I called mine "rename.bat" (without the quotes of course). Save the batch file in (or move the batch file to) the directory with your files. Then just double click it.

All this does is run the DOS rename command. Notice that you have to have a question mark for every character in the file name. You need two lines because the day number can be one or two (such as "Feb 1" and "Feb 21").
    Last edited by thetalk; 02-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks I didn't even think about a bat file. I just wanted it to be done automatically. Thanks! +rep

I use Unreal Commander or Total Commander for batch renaming.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    I use Unreal Commander or Total Commander for batch renaming.
    Big fan of the free Bulk Rename Utility here - while it's probably overkill for this small task, it'll still work with just "Remove:Chars," and can do truly amazing things once you add prefix, suffix, case, and most magical of all, regex. It's an awesome free utility.

(Didn't write it, don't distribute it, just find myself using it a lot.)

Unreal commander is also free. It can add prefix, suffix, change case, use counter, regular expressions. The only reason I prefer to use it is that because I use it as a file manager anyway.